This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

Pump Problems
« on: April 26, 2007, 06:11:21 pm »
Need some help but it is not for me, a fellow w/c has water coming out of his switch and the pump will not switch off. How can this be fixed.

Another question I would like other peoples input is how long has your pump lasted for and what is your flow line. Reason being this is the second time this w/c's pump has gone within a year.

His set up is tank, di, pump, microbore, pole.
Mine has lasted over a year and is still going strong, tank ( pure water ), pump ( varistream), microbore,pole.

Reason I am asking this is to find out does having the di in line or after the pump effect the pump in it is too much pressure for it.

Thanks

JM123

Re: Pump Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 06:16:22 pm »
we normally set our systems up with the di before the pump, if there is water coming out from the switch then try tightening the 3 screws which hold the switch in place, checking that the piston and seal haven't been damaged.

I find that pumps tend to last around about 2-3 years although that is with pretty heavy use, many find that they can get longer from their pumps.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I