Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex Wingrove

Re: "I'll charge you if you dont use hot water"
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 05:33:41 pm »
true, why would you bother wasting your time

yeah dads still working, he doesn't work much, just has big jobs where he earns a fortune, hes working at the moment on a huge set of flats in Croydon, painting the corridors and stairs and doors, 6 weeks work 2 people, and will set him up for the year, and he will only need to work a couple more weeks in the year.

me and him are pioneering at the moment, so window cleaning suits me down to the ground, work mon tue wed and earn enough to live off, and what dad works pays the bills now.

i used to work with mike lashmar, i don't think we have met, but i have seen you around.

where did you get your shirt printed on from, im thinking of getting a few, might as well its free advertising after all

pjulk

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 06:16:19 pm »
It sounds like you will never please this customer.

Dump her otherwise you will hate it every time that job is due wondering what she is going to say next.

Like others have said never let a customer dictate to you.
She wants the service so she has to accept the way you carry out your service.
Not the other way round.

But this is what you pick up when you are trying to build a round all the customers that other window cleaner don't want, you just have to weed these out along the way.

Plenty more customers where she came from.

Paul

matt

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 06:32:08 pm »

Don't let the custys dictate to you, you're the expert, not them.  Would they dream of telling the plumber they wanted him to use Plumbers Mate instead of PTFE?

Cheers,

Ian

personally i prefere plumbers mate over PTFE tape ;)

simon knight

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 06:48:47 pm »
hang on a second, am i getting this right shes gonna charge you for not cleaning her windows with hot water?

ahhahahah that's the biggest load of rubbish i have ever heard, and ive heard some rubbish, forget wfp and blade, had a women few weeks ago wanted her plain glass patio door etc. cleaned by hand,

I would have told her a hand job costs extra ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 09:24:16 pm »
true, why would you bother wasting your time

yeah dads still working, he doesn't work much, just has big jobs where he earns a fortune, hes working at the moment on a huge set of flats in Croydon, painting the corridors and stairs and doors, 6 weeks work 2 people, and will set him up for the year, and he will only need to work a couple more weeks in the year.

me and him are pioneering at the moment, so window cleaning suits me down to the ground, work mon tue wed and earn enough to live off, and what dad works pays the bills now.

i used to work with mike lashmar, i don't think we have met, but i have seen you around.

where did you get your shirt printed on from, im thinking of getting a few, might as well its free advertising after all

Good. I'm glad to hear that Dad is doing well.  He's a decent guy and deserves that.
You have hit on one of the things I find so attractive about window cleaning.  You can either work full time and earn very well or you can work part time and earn full time money.  This is great if you want to do other things whether it be a short break away somewhere, pioneering, or just chilling out at home and relaxing.  Window cleaning can be whatever you want it to be - within reason.

I do bump into Mike Lashmar from time to time.  We usually stop for a natter - can be like a pair of old women when we get going  :)  .  We have even passed a couple of jobs on to each other.

I got the clothing from these people

http://www.bigbearclothing.co.uk/

I feel that I got a fair deal from them.  There may well be cheaper or better places but as the deal seemed OK I went with it.  What also helped is that they are based fairly locally in Slinfold.  As I live in a flat and live on my own, it can be tricky receiving parcel deliveries.  Therefore, I try to buy such things locally so that I can collect in person.
TRhey were pretty busy when I placed my order so it took a couple of weeks to fulfill it.  I wasn't in a hurry though so that was fine.  If you have your phone number on it, you may want to consider getting a portable number (such as an 0845 number) in case you move in the future.  That way, you can point the portable number at your new landline number.  You can get 0845 numbers free of charge although the more easily remembered ones tend to cost.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 09:33:18 pm »
She moans about the water temperature.
She knocked you down on price.
She moans that the water isn't clean.
She calls you a liar when you tell her you've changed the water.

Well sorry but - Duh! Do you like banging your head against a brick wall?

Re-arrange these words:-

her drop run and

;D
It's a game of three halves!

chrismroberts

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 10:33:51 pm »
Well sorry but - Duh! Do you like banging your head against a brick wall?

Re-arrange these words:-

her drop run and

It would appear I do!! LOL... believe it or not shes recommended me to a few people (I know, bizarre eh?!), so I wouldn't wanna miss out on future business. Maybe I'm just too soft!