Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

idealrob

Ionics Roadshow reach & Wash
« on: April 25, 2007, 09:44:42 pm »
Attended the so called Roadshow on Tuesday in Cramlington, never seen such un organised rubbish in 30 years, complete waste of time, couldn organise a p*** up in a brewery comes to mind. Run by so called window cleaners, more like Laurel & Hardy if you saw the 2 lads running the so called show. Hadnt got a clue about prices or the products and the building they were cleaning was a bad example only ground and first floor. the only thing i learned was not to buy a WFP of this compny.
Nop wonder when i took out my subscribtion out to Proffessionalwindowcleaner mag it has not arrived 6 months later, only free copies to those who havent paid. Useless company, fact
I wouldn bother wasting a days work to attend ever again
idealrob

tacky

Re: Ionics Roadshow reach & Wash
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 09:53:25 pm »
thanks for the info rob i was going to the cardiff show may 3   wont bother taken day off work now 

busted

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 10:09:00 pm »
thanks for that rob i was going to go to the one in milton keynes

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 10:39:57 pm »
Yeah Thanks Rob,

I was going to the Bolton one tomorrow but in truth im really far too busy to be going but it would have pi55ed me off if its a shambles.

Alistair

matt

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 10:41:55 pm »
i await 1 of the "plants" to post here expaining it was all a misunderstanding and it wasnt that bad ;)

come on "plants" some of us rely on you for a laugh

brightnclean

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 10:49:52 pm »
It was all a misunderstanding and it wasnt that bad
 ;D   :-X

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 10:53:33 pm »
Jeff Brimble was fighting their corner. I couldn't believe it, you know him better than me was he being ironic?

brightnclean

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 10:55:17 pm »
I actually have a system from said company.

I am happy with the product and the service I've received.

Would I buy from them again?

Honestly I dont know because there are many choices around.

I know the owner and I will give him this. He knows how to run a good business and is no fool. He has been smart enough to get his company recognised as the market leader.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 11:17:17 pm »
I was at the Worthing one I did see the Pro10 in action as did the Paul the Shiner, they had a few poles on show and their gutter cleaner, personally I wasn't impressed with any of it, I find it hard to think of an ideal situation to use the Pro10, OK I don't have the right work for it, But where exactly would you use it and is it worth it? As for the Gutter vac they had a video of it in use of course it was a perfect scenario for its use IE large gap between tiles and gutter, I also heard them tell someone that it can clean the downpipe out, I'd like to see them do that :o,  There where a few people about just interested in getting into wfp but they seemed to be asking myself and Paul more questions than the two guys from Ionics.    
Sussex by the sea

gary evans

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 05:51:37 am »
Is it realy that bad.

I was going to go birmingham one next week.

Gary

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 07:34:28 am »
I was at the Worthing one I did see the Pro10 in action as did the Paul the Shiner, they had a few poles on show and their gutter cleaner, personally I wasn't impressed with any of it, I find it hard to think of an ideal situation to use the Pro10, OK I don't have the right work for it, But where exactly would you use it and is it worth it? As for the Gutter vac they had a video of it in use of course it was a perfect scenario for its use IE large gap between tiles and gutter, I also heard them tell someone that it can clean the downpipe out, I'd like to see them do that :o,  There where a few people about just interested in getting into wfp but they seemed to be asking myself and Paul more questions than the two guys from Ionics.    

Well there was the usual array of poles plus the Pro 10.  I wasn't interested in the gutter keeper as I don't want to go in that direction.  My main interest was in the Pro 10.  To put a bit of balance onto this thread, I did ask a few question of Reuben (the Ionics rep) and he was informative with his answers (after you left Chris).
Although the Pro 10 could be used for higher interior glass (such as in a big reception area) my main interest was in its water recycling ability.  Many of us in the southeast could have lost our businesses last year if drought restrictions had bitten harder and the possibility of the Pro 10 being compliant with a drought order was of interest to me.  Apparently, the water comes off the glass at around 50 TDS and is deposited into a second tank.  From there it goes through resin and may be re-used.  OK so it would get a bit expensive with the resin but at least it would be possible to work - or would it?

The hose that takes the water from the glass is a very fat one and looks like a much fatter version of the green transfer hose.  It fits onto the butt end of the pole.  Not sure but I think this meant that the ordinary pole hose needs to be used external to the pole (I didn't look for this so can't be sure).  Also, the suction hose being so fat, it would be unwieldy trying to use it as a normal tool.  I can only guess at the size of reel that a decent length of it would need.
I'm sure it could be done but I wouldn't fancy having to use it on jobs (like normal domestic) where you need to pull around lots of corners etc.  Also, because the hose goes onto the butt end, it would mean having to grip the pole with both hands rather than resting the butt of the pole on the palm area.
This would probably be a good tool for doing high inside glass and to be fair, that's what Ionics were presenting it as.  Where the suction facility is not required, it would not be hard to connect anb ordinary pole and use as normal WFP.
I was a bit disappointed that frame cleaning wasn't possible with it.

Summary:  As a standard tool it would probably be a bit awkward but would probably be possible to use it as such in a drought situation - though I wouldn't relish having to lug that lot around a house.
It looks like it would be OK to use on high glass inside though don't expect to do the frames with it.

Opinion:  Not sure really.  If you have a lot of high inside glass which would require hiring some kind of MEWP, then it would probably be worth buying.
Also, if drought restrictions allowed only WFP with recycling capability again, it would probably be worth buying - though tricky to use on many jobs*

* I didn't have the opportunity to use it in such a situation so this view is not based on a practical test.

I've tried to be fair in my above assessment.  If I've made any mistakes in it, please say so.

JM123

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 08:22:18 am »
hhmmm, well if the drought restrictions got that bad (which they won't because they would be compelled by law to close every other business which uses water - crippling the economy) then surely you lot could just get the old ladders out again - sure its not as safe as using Ionics big upside down carpet cleaner but we're men aren't we? For me the ladders would be coming back out to fill in for the 2/3 months where I wasn't allowed to use wfp.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 08:31:48 am »
hhmmm, well if the drought restrictions got that bad (which they won't because they would be compelled by law to close every other business which uses water - crippling the economy) then surely you lot could just get the old ladders out again - sure its not as safe as using Ionics big upside down carpet cleaner but we're men aren't we? For me the ladders would be coming back out to fill in for the 2/3 months where I wasn't allowed to use wfp.

I never said it but that is the way I would probably go too.
I would earn less from ladders than I do now but at least I would earn.  Also, the drop in income is unlikely to be greater than the cost of an Ionics WFP with recycling capability.  I realise that using a ladder as a standard tool could be regarded as illegal but would any court really punish in such circumstances if reasonable care could be shown?  I think the law is often unfair but I think it would be a laughing stock to convict and punish in such a situation.

*foxman

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 10:47:34 am »
i await 1 of the "plants" to post here expaining it was all a misunderstanding and it wasnt that bad ;)

Paul Edwards, where are you?!!! ;D

matt

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 10:59:27 am »

Paul Edwards, where are you?!!! ;D

Mr edwards is currently out of the Office i am afraid, would you like him to call you when he returns  ;D ;D

jouk45

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 11:15:37 am »
would this machine not do the same job,

http://www.slatertech.co.uk/prod_info.asp?prodid=347#

JM123

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 11:33:34 am »
more than likely Ionics have a big stock of those and just fit them inside the casing of each Pro-10

Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

jouk45

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 12:41:46 pm »
lol ;D

poles apart

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 06:32:57 pm »
As for the Gutter vac they had a video of it in use of course it was a perfect scenario for its use IE large gap between tiles and gutter, I also heard them tell someone that it can clean the downpipe out, I'd like to see them do that :o,  

I've got a gutter vac and I can clean downpipes with it provided they are not sunk into the ground. I have done some like this although they had a removable inspection cover. It's a very good bit of kit and if you do a lot of gutters it's well worth having. As for narrow gaps between the gutter and the tile I use a crevice tool adapter. I demo'ed this to a commercial customer a few weeks ago and he thought it was the best thing he'd ever seen!
Rod

DASERVICES

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 06:35:24 pm »
How did you pay for the gutter vac  ::)