This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rp cleaning services

It pays to be honest
« on: April 24, 2007, 09:47:13 pm »
picked up 4 new jobs and decided to clean them today,first cleans with wfp,all next door to each other,finished the first three no problems,finished the back on the last one and then moved to the front of the house starts cleaning top windows all of a sudden there was a loud crack noise,looked up and the side window had a hole in it plus a crack going all the way across window,thought poop ive damaged window,gets ladder out and has a look at damage,could not work out how i damaged it,finished the rest of the windows and goes and knock on the door,nobody in,so leave note explaining about the damage and telling them i will get somebody down to fix the window.glazier going tommorow to measure up,tonight goes around the customers house to say sorry about the window and she tells me dont worry it was not your fault it was damaged last week by a bird flying into window,i noticed the crack last friday,when the glazier comes i will ask them to give me the bill,thank you for doing a great job and i will see you in 4 weeks.

Dean Aspects

Re: It pays to be honest
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 10:16:29 pm »
well done on your honesty
i feel that it is always better to be honest with the customer
word will soon spread that you are a good w/c and you will get a good reputation

rp cleaning services

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 10:23:49 pm »
my day started badly and it got worse ,last customer,cleans her windows and as a little chat with her,says to her i see one of your neighbours is moving,were's bernie moving to,she replys he's not moving nowhere he's dead, died in october,made my excuses and called it a day.

scrimit2

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 10:24:31 pm »
you did right ;D

Charlieboy,did I remember right that you work in Boston? I was around Boston last friday I saw one or two wfp working one was down Pilleys lane, the guy had a nice Vw van sign written, was that you?

scrimit

rp cleaning services

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 10:26:11 pm »
scrimit,yes it was, i drive a merc vito,i was cleaning fascia's,job passed to me by another window cleaner

scrimit2

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 10:37:18 pm »
I bet thats a decent road to work down, I was on my way to see my sister, I believe you clean her boyfriend's brother's windows or did at sometime, a guy called Mark a heating engineer, I'd better give his surname out on the forum.

nice van anyway ;D

scrimit

rp cleaning services

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 10:44:00 pm »
pilley's lane is very posh but you cannot pick up any work down there,window cleaners seem to keep them house's,the fascias i was cleaning there window cleaner did not want the job so passed it to me,he has been cleaning there windows for 15 years.not sure if i know mark,if you tell me the street were he lives i would know.

scrimit2

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 11:06:48 pm »
Hi I think he lives in the Sleaford road area but I will ask my sister, her boyfriend knows you also, he is called Lee.

hows trade in Boston does there seem plenty of work around? I only go as far as Stickney going south, I think one or two Boston window cleaners go to Stickney too.

Scrimit