This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colley614

Can't clean a window without pricing a job.
« on: April 24, 2007, 07:06:15 pm »

Hi guys,

Since I got my car back on the road I can't clean a window without getting at least 1 more job. I made up, at last things have turned in my favor. A couple of weeks ago I couldn't buy work. Today I went out and done a builders clean on an office and got 2 jobs from it. Then I went and done a big detached house and got another 2, possibly 3 from that. After that I went and done a semi which takes about half an hour and got 2 jobs from that. I arrived home to find a message on my phone from the detached house wanting to know if I can do another 2 houses in her road. Then I got a phone call from another semi wanting me to do her and her next door neighbour. I can't pick up a squeegee this week without getting another full days work and I'm made up!!!

Thanks for all the advice the last few months when I felt it wouldn't take off now I can't move for work. ( I could possibly need another pair of hands if it keeps going this way.)

macmac

Re: Can't clean a window without pricing a job.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 07:17:07 pm »
Thats great news mate, well chuffed for you. keep it up. ;)

tony

NWH

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 07:24:37 pm »
Well done mate never turn it down without looking at it you never know where the work might lead to,this time of year the phone is always ringing if your a little late turning up.Wait and see if the phone is still ringing in november through to march,if it is then you know there good genuine customers.I can tell now if people only want it done cos the suns shining i`ve been in the game to long,try and suss out whether there gonna be longterm cos if there not by doing theres you might be letting your regulars down.

colley614

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 07:25:02 pm »
Thanks matey. I feel like going to bed now so I can get up to go to work, Lol !

Pittmonkey

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 07:31:22 pm »
Nice 1 Colley,

There are always obstacles in any business old or new but to be successful you need determination, perseverance and a little bit of luck.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

colley614

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 07:41:26 pm »

Sorry I took a while reading your post there, was on the phone to another new customer  ;) Lol!!!  ;D

captain lard

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 08:55:04 pm »
Well done mate, its great to hear someone doing well.

colley614

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 04:35:04 pm »

Was pretty much the same today as well. I got another 2 maybe three jobs today and business is looking good. I am going to start leafleting around my houses now as I have quite a few houses now but they are far apart. I think today I spent about an hour and a half traveling from job to job. So I want to get the traveling ironed out and then I will pretty much be sorted.

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 04:40:44 pm »
Well done glad to here things are going well for you.

I had the same last week, a lady delivering papers asked me to quote her house as her window cleaner has packed up his round.
So I dropped her a price and flyered the neighbours, got a call from one of the neighbours who has found me 10 more customers before I even clean hers.

Hope things keep going this way for a few more weeks.

colley614

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 04:48:14 pm »
I seem to find every job I go to knows somebody who is desperate for a window cleaner. I'm just gonna canvass the roads I'm in now and build that way.