This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

vivaro 013

telescopic ladders
« on: April 23, 2007, 10:36:47 pm »
looking to buy a telescopic a ladders, reason im looking at buying one is for limited storage space in my van and only will be used at  garage height does anybody no were i can get a good quality and at a decent prices

Alex Wingrove

Re: telescopic ladders
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 10:38:50 pm »
hmm, after an unfortunate accident as a child with them things when climbing on the garage roof, i don't trust them, after all, they fold onto them selves, and fit in a brief case almost, if that's not dangerous i don't know what is

paulstevens

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:42:57 pm »
i looked into that once they just didn't look safe and i wouldn't ffel safe up them so i brought some standard one's
so save your money and buy a decent pair it will cost you more in the long run
regards
Paul

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 11:12:43 pm »
I've a set of telescopics & use mine alot. A great bit of kit, wouldn't be without them.

I got mine off Ebay.

I have had no issues with safty yet.

Macc

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 08:05:14 am »
I've had no issue with safety on a telescopic ladder.  However, I have had an issue with durability.  One of the ringpulls on mine broke after not a lot of use so became in need of repair. Maybe I just got unlucky.  When they work they are fine to use for access but I wouldn't feel comfortable working off one.

TDW

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 11:27:34 am »
They're too bendy to work off but wouldn't be without it for access and space saving. More space for my poles now. £99

cybersye

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 03:03:48 pm »
had mine 2 years and must agree, very useful for access. The buttons on mine now jam up when I close it sometimes though so its in need of some servicing. I read on here months back not to use wd40 as it 'melts'? the stops in the telescopic sections causing it to close up on you!
anyone else having problems like this? do you think some 3 in one oil would be ok? I've been reluctant to oil it and cause any damage as I use it daily.