This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

qwert

BOOSTER PUMP QUESTION
« on: April 23, 2007, 09:23:35 pm »
I'm running a pipe from kitchen to shed which is 3 yds away.  Iwill need a booster pump but I've been told the pump should be as near as possible to the RO.  Is this correct??

Secondly is is silly to have the pump in the kitchen or will it be too noisey and not near enough to RO??

Finally, are these pumps auto switch off??

Thanks

Re: BOOSTER PUMP QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 11:35:28 pm »
I have the Harley Davidson of booster pumps, and yes it's noisy, but in a good way.

Phone  a supplier up, they will give you good advice.

JM123

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 12:29:46 am »
Hi qwert - its all dependant on what tpe of ro you have.  If its an RO-MAN type (pure freedom etc 100/200/300 gpd) then go onto the ro-man site www.ro-man.co.uk and order a booster pump from there (think they are 60 or 70 quid), they are auto shut off (as far as I can remember) and are very quite.

If your ro is a larger type such as the merlin or a 4040 then e-mail me aquapolesystems@hotmail.co.uk (site is still not up and running, ggrrrrr  >:()
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

qwert

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 04:43:15 pm »
Thanks.  It will probably be RO man 300GPD.  Is it correct that the booster should be as near as possible to the RO??

JM123

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 11:51:06 pm »
the booster pump should be after the prefilters but before the membranes so yes it needs to be up close.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

qwert

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 05:37:00 pm »
JM

So I would need to have all of the filters / membranes RO either in shed or in say kitchen?? Not split?

Will there be any problem with the water getting to the shed from the kitchen (3 yds).

If there is then will I have to have RO pre filters and membranes all in kitchen

sorry for all questions but getting confused!!