This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

qwert

PUMPING WATER TO GARAGE...
« on: April 23, 2007, 10:03:56 am »
I've been looking at the option of buying a shed for RO unit having it next to house (3yds) but I'll have no power to shed.  I could have RO unit in garage which has power but this is 12 yds from house.  Will tghis be a problem pumping water to Garage over that distance??  Is it just a case of standard house to garage??  What about freezing water?

Any recommendations ir ideas what is best way or should I go for shed option (which is near to house) and address power problem??

john tomkins

Re: PUMPING WATER TO GARAGE...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 12:21:09 pm »
I got my RO in garage about 7mtrs from water tap, I get there by running  6mm RO tubing and wrapping with cloth type insulation I get 65psi but could maybe get more with bigger diameter feed but I couldnt hide it as well as I do now ;) from water butts to van is max for me of 15mtr, again no problem for a decent  submersible pump.
Whats your mains pressure at tap? if it's reasonable to start with you should be ok over that distance.

qwert

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 12:33:17 pm »
John  I think i will need a booster pump.  I intend to run it from my domestic water softner as I have very hard water here.  Is the tap you mentioned outside or in?? If in,  were do you run the hose from and through?? 

john tomkins

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 04:37:04 pm »
Tap is outside.
If you do need a pump then you'll either have to use the garage (power supply)
or run power to the shed.
give us ya water psi and TDS readings and someone will be able to tell you if they will be ok.
Mine are 65psi, 240 TDS. RO gets it down to 5, DI to 0

qwert

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 06:34:43 pm »
Is the only option having the pump in the shed / garage??  Is it too laud for the the pump in the kitchen??  How often will the booster pump be on??  Will it shut off when the contoner is full.