This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pittmonkey

Handy Tips for smooth start up's
« on: April 22, 2007, 08:38:39 pm »
Hi

Are there any tips or advice I should follow for Start-up and shutting down my Van 2 x Di system at the end of the day. Basically things I should do for a smooth start up for the following morning. If you like a set work-flow for Shut down and morning start up procedure.

Also, what do I do with the brushes leave them to dry out or leave them soaking? Any tips.

Thanks
Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

macmac

Re: Handy Tips for smooth start up's
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 12:16:35 am »
you shouldn't have to do anything with your set up regarding start up/shut down. just turn the pump on & off.
for the brushes i just smack my hand through the brisstles a few time to get most of the water out before putting back in van.

tony

Pittmonkey

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 08:44:24 am »
Thanks Mac

I suppose the moral is “If it’s not broke then don’t fix it”

I was just wondering because in the first few weeks or so it will not be running to capacity so to speak, the odd job here and there. So leaving the system full all the time is OK?

Wayne

TERRY AB

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 11:45:02 am »
Leaving you Tanks full will not make any difference or problems as long as no Sun light shines on the Tanks (This causes in some cases Algi), just make sure your Brushes are not standing on there Heads or the Bristles bent. Remember to let some water flow thru your Hoses before you begin working as there will be a higher TDS reading in the Hoses at the beginning of work (DI Water will clean the inside of the Hoses overnight!).

macmac

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 06:45:34 pm »
yep, your all ok mate with jobs here & there, just like myself sometimes.

tony

Pittmonkey

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 02:37:15 pm »
Thanks Guys

Had a play with the kit yesterday and this morning and all went well.  ;D Nice clean windows and Hey!!! No Spots.

I used my 24ft gf at full length to see how it handles........boy did that pole bend, thought it was going to snap. So I took the gooseneck & vikan sill brush off, replaced with plastic neck and 10" std Vikan.......much better. Might go for a superlite on this pole.

Going for a lie down now!! Think I've pulled something :o

Wayne

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 04:54:14 pm »
Hi

Are there any tips or advice I should follow for Start-up and shutting down my Van 2 x Di system at the end of the day. Basically things I should do for a smooth start up for the following morning. If you like a set work-flow for Shut down and morning start up procedure.

Also, what do I do with the brushes leave them to dry out or leave them soaking? Any tips.

Thanks
Wayne

Something that I will throw in here is about starting the engine with split charge relay and glow plugs on diesels.
If I turn the engine over a bit too soon, it can pop the blade fuse next to the van battery.  I must make sure that I let the glow plug light go out before turning the engine over.  Of course this can depend on how your system is rigged.

macmac

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 06:54:58 pm »
wayne
which 24ft glass pole have you got?

tony

Pittmonkey

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 07:05:10 pm »
Hi Mac

It's the Exel 24ft from Gardiners. Bought it a couple of days before they launched their new flavours :(

@ Shiner-- Thanks for that ShinerI'll bear that in mind. No need to worry yet as I dont have a split relay rigged up yet but will do soon.

Wayne

macmac

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 07:14:17 pm »
that pole should do you for now ( i think ) though not ideal mate, but when you get into it more & can justify the cost more, i would seriousley consider a carbon pole. Far, far better, but using the glass pole first will stand you in good stead, as if you do go to the extra expense of a carbon pole, you will realy, realy appreciate it & realise it was worth every penny! ;)

tony

Pittmonkey

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 07:22:12 pm »
I did intend getting a CF Facelift but htere is a 4-6 week wait apparently!

To be honest though the Gf 24ft was'nt too bad I'm no "Schwarzenegger" (yet)
but can see your point. Lets see what happens when I try and control it over a Con Roof.

It will be like lifting a feather duster in a few months if I get a CF.

Cheers Mac

Wayne

Davew

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 08:11:07 am »
Go steady with it at odd angles I pulled some muscle in my side trying to reach an over conservatory window from the side. If used vertically for windows it's fine.