Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tony27

di unit...where to connect it??
« on: April 21, 2007, 09:48:33 pm »
Hello, im new to window cleaning and im looking at wfp rather than traditional. 
Im seriously considering purchasing a trolley system and have read the forums but i cant seem to find much on where to connect di units.

Do they connect inline with the r/o system on the main water supply of your home?

I would like to make sure that the water would be at 000 when it reaches my storage tank outside of my house.

Ive read a little about di units that fit onto the trolley systems but i need the water to be at 000 when it reaches my storage tank which will be about 10 yards from the water mains.

Im sure that this is simple for most of you pro's but Some help please.

Peter Fogwill

Re: di unit...where to connect it??
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 09:51:31 pm »
You can buy a water treatment system with the DI already fitted, and it would be pure water going into your storage tank.

Peter

tony27

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 09:54:53 pm »
You can buy a water treatment system with the DI already fitted, and it would be pure water going into your storage tank.

Peter

Where from,  how much??

matt

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 09:55:20 pm »
tony, e.mail me for a link to the DIY site and forum

you will find all the answers to your qestions, its fairly simply

<---------- e.mail here

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 10:02:29 pm »

Peter

Where from,  how much??

Most of the trolley systems on the market can be bought with a water treatment system and the DI already fitted.

Peter

tony27

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 10:12:41 pm »

Peter

Where from,  how much??

Most of the trolley systems on the market can be bought with a water treatment system and the DI already fitted.

Peter

Peter, like i said in an earlier post, i want pure deionised water in my storage tank off the water mains....unless i can put normal tap water into a trolley and get pure water coming out at the brush end.....doubtfull.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 10:20:07 pm »
You could with a DI tank but it is way more expensive, the idea you have is the best way in a hard water area.

Peter

tony27

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 10:28:12 pm »
You could with a DI tank but it is way more expensive, the idea you have is the best way in a hard water area.

Peter

ive read that a normal tank from b&q is about 30 quid, how much would i be looking at spending on a di tank???
i like cheap stuff as im just starting out.
the water here is hard enough to knacker my washing machine in less than two years...dont know if thats average or not.

gonna search google for di tank.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 12:14:15 am »
It's not the DI tank that is expensive it is the replacement resin you have to buy.  The resin life is determined by the hardness of your water, and if you in a hard water area then the resin in the tank will need replaced often. 

You would be better with a water treatment system and storage tank, a bit dearer to buy initially but the water will be very cheap to purify.

Peter

tony27

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 01:34:51 am »
It's not the DI tank that is expensive it is the replacement resin you have to buy.  The resin life is determined by the hardness of your water, and if you in a hard water area then the resin in the tank will need replaced often. 

You would be better with a water treatment system and storage tank, a bit dearer to buy initially but the water will be very cheap to purify.

Peter

can you point me in the right direction for where to purchase such a system?

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 01:47:43 am »
Sorry to beat about the bush but you will get one along with the trolley system you decide to buy.  Just tell them when ordering that you want a water treatment system along with it as opposed to a DI only.

There are lots of them out there to chose from, look back the posts on here and other forums.  I can't recommend any particular one.

If you decide to go the DIY route then take matts advice and look on his forum.

Peter