This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fivestar Cleaning

Microbore hose
« on: April 21, 2007, 05:03:44 pm »
I'm about to purchase 100 m of microbore hose. Can I have some opinions about the benefits or not of microbore and also if 100 m is too much or not enough.
Thanks 

AuRavelling79

Re: Microbore hose
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 05:08:28 pm »
It's way lighter than standard or minibore hose, especially when full of water.

I bought 100m but reduced it to 80m to reduce the weight of the occasions when I have to lift it into/out of the van.
It's a game of three halves!

Spoonbill1970

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 06:49:04 pm »
Hi Fivestar Cleaning,

I've just started using Microbore (one month) and find it to be an excellent product. Initially bought 100m but find that 60m is sufficient on the reel with 40m in reserve. (My work is mostly domestic)
When used in conjunction with the EZ-snap fittings (available from www.gardinerpolesystems.com) it makes life much easier. I'd been using a trolley for 3 years with Peter Fogwill's setup. Only problem I've had has been the fact that the pressure switch on my 60psi pump burnt out. Remedied with the installation of a Varistream.

I'm finding that I'm saving about an hour a day.

Hope this helps

JSP

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 08:51:51 pm »
very good

Fivestar Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 09:58:34 pm »
Many thanks to all those who replied

Paul

brett walker

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 10:48:25 pm »
Ive just put my hose reel together and my hundred meter of microbore should be here on Monday from Gardiners, i know macc uses microbore and swears by it he says it saves him time and water and its easier to use. 8)

regards

Brett

tony27

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 11:16:26 pm »
Hi Fivestar Cleaning,

Only problem I've had has been the fact that the pressure switch on my 60psi pump burnt out. Remedied with the installation of a Varistream.

I'm finding that I'm saving about an hour a day.

Hope this helps

JSP

can someone explain how to  install a varistream

dai

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 09:11:08 am »
can someone explain how to  install a varistream

Williams's send out full instruction sheets with the Varistream, Installation is very simple. DaI

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 09:33:17 am »
I'm about to purchase 100 m of microbore hose. Can I have some opinions about the benefits or not of microbore and also if 100 m is too much or not enough.
Thanks 

I just switched to microbore on Friday.
I have only one question.
Why oh why didn't I do it sooner?
It's absolute bliss.

I have changed 2 x  50 metre reels of Tricofles over to 100 metres of 6mm microbore.
Please note that I have a 100 PSI pump on my van mount.  I understand that there is a maximum length of microbore for a 60 PSI pump.  I think the cut off point is around 100 metres.  Perhaps someone else will shed light on this for you.

I delayed switching beccause I disliked the though of abandoning what was then brand new Tricoflex hoses.  However, over the past 18 months the Tricoflexes have gradually got shorter as I've chopped lengths off where they split.  I ended up with  something like 2 x 35 metre hoses and was starting to have to daisy chain them on jobs where I could once get away with one hose length.