Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Got lazy this week
« on: April 20, 2007, 03:35:49 pm »
I've been playing around with really light brushes and modular poles this week and forgot myself and did a couple of first cleans with my superlight brush, one job was nearly dry when I was taking the money and I happened to look up- oh my god what a mess! The girl couldn't see it but I could, so I did it again. Another job I went back to today was almost as bad! The woman was just too polite to complain. She reckoned they were really dirty before and thats why they wern't very good. Still learning all the time and todays lesson is that you need a good bit of scrubbing power on first cleans rinsing will do nothing if you can't scrub the dirt from the glass. ::)

Re: Got lazy this week
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 03:42:55 pm »
we to learnt the hard way!!!!
first cleans soak with water, clean all frames first, go back round and clean the glass, then rinse like mad, finally rinse a bit more

matt

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 06:16:07 pm »
first cleans i now do TWICE upstairs, that way i knows its good job :)

ronaldo

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 06:28:55 pm »
First cleans i always try and use there outside tap, connect to my old brush and then give the windows a right blast off, then by the the time ive washed them all i just go back and do them with the pure water, this way i always get a 1st class job, just price the job right for the first clean and its easy.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 06:36:48 pm »
first cleans i now do TWICE upstairs, that way i knows its good job :)

We do exactly the same and we also on the 1st clean get the ladders out and clean the sills by hand to ensure they are spotless, makes our life easier as we maintain the property on an ongoing basis.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

niceandclean

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 06:53:16 pm »
First cleans i always try and use there outside tap, connect to my old brush and then give the windows a right blast off, then by the the time ive washed them all i just go back and do them with the pure water, this way i always get a 1st class job, just price the job right for the first clean and its easy.

We also do this where we can on first cleans! We also charge 25% extra if not too bad, but if really bad 50% extra!

NWH

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 06:53:50 pm »
Me to i go round the sills with a damp cloth and then a dry one to get the sills and frames spotless,from then on using the pole should be a lot easier,i might trad the first clean and then do a couple of downstairs windows with the pole and wait for them to dry and see how they come up.

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 08:57:58 pm »
If the glass is bad I use an abrasive applicator on it first. Same uptstairs on a pole. Ditto bad bird muck. I thought it was just me and everyone else managed WFP.

Davew

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 08:59:28 pm »
One of the houses with big windows was beading like mad, I thought great, looks like self cleaning glass, the problem also was that the water just would not run off and so stayed there with the dirt. I got that down about it that I phoned a few other customers to ask if theirs were all right....... all happy or too polite.

Davew

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 08:28:42 am »
Think I got away with it because I whipped along the top gutter too. Her next door neighbour is a window cleaner that nobody likes for some reason so I thought I would show off a bit. Just hope he dosen't look at the windows.