This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

qwert

COMMERCIAL WORK AND INTERNAL CLEANS
« on: April 19, 2007, 07:38:01 pm »
I only want to do external cleans with WFP.  Do you think I will still get commercial work if I only offer external cleans or will most commercial jobs want both??

Does it sound silly just to offer external commercial cleans only????????

Thanks

LWC

Re: COMMERCIAL WORK AND INTERNAL CLEANS
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 07:41:31 pm »
no not really, your your own boss

;)

but i offer both and more  ;)

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 07:46:38 pm »
I only want to do external cleans with WFP.  Do you think I will still get commercial work if I only offer external cleans or will most commercial jobs want both??

Does it sound silly just to offer external commercial cleans only????????

Thanks

Why external only?  I think you'll be limiting yourself.

KJG

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 08:29:42 pm »
About 98% of the private commercial work I've ever done has been both in and out. However, local government stuff like schools and hospitals etc are usually outside only. Trouble is this work is well and truly sewn up by the big boys. Even if by some miracle you manage to get one, they don't pay very well or on time.

qwert

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 09:27:44 pm »
Tosh

It just seemed to much hassle and slow for internal work.  If I only do external do you think I will have only get 10% of the jobs against in and out???

matt

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 09:36:01 pm »
Tosh

It just seemed to much hassle and slow for internal work.  If I only do external do you think I will have only get 10% of the jobs against in and out???

yes doing insides the trad way is slower then WFP the outsides, but you price this into the price, do the insides when no1 is about, its a nice early / late job for wet days

of course you could be 1 of the newer types of window cleaner who only does WFP and doesnt have a clue when it comes to a sqeegee, if thats the case, just practise a little, its not that hard  ;)

LWC

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 09:48:33 pm »
im going in for pricing the outside with wfp i.e. £100

and then same again for inside plus a half so i.e. £150  ;)

matt

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 09:50:25 pm »
im going in for pricing the outside with wfp i.e. £100

and then same again for inside plus a half so i.e. £150  ;)

thats fine :) i normally charge double the insides, thus it would be 200 quid, as you sometimes have to move things, lean over desks etc etc etc and put a towel down on the window cill to soak up the water

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 10:47:01 pm »
Almost all my commercial are both in and out.  I wouldn't limit yourself to just out.  I always enjoy the remarks on how skillful you handle that squeegee when doing the inside.  Inside business properties is a good way to pick up more custom from the employees.

I do some NHS stuff a hospital and some clinics, I'm not a big boy, but they also have the insides done.

Simon.

matt

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 10:48:09 pm »
Almost all my commercial are both in and out.  I wouldn't limit yourself to just out.  I always enjoy the remarks on how skillful you handle that squeegee when doing the inside.  Inside business properties is a good way to pick up more custom from the employees.

I do some NHS stuff a hospital and some clinics, I'm not a big boy, but they also have the insides done.

Simon.

its not often you read people admitting to that  :-[ :-[

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 01:09:09 pm »
why do u charge more for inside work