This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

S.A.J

Thursday with me
« on: April 19, 2007, 03:39:14 pm »
Have not done one of these for a while. so i thought i would today since its another lovely day.

Started at 8.30,First 2 jobs of the day right next door to each other fronts only

round the corner to the next 2 you seee in the picture

the back of one of them

5 minutes down the road to this front only, we only have to do the top 2 floors

30 seconds down the road to the next 3 all are fronts only

On to the next one which was a first clean for us, while we were there picked up 2 new ones for next time  :'( ;D

the back

This next one is 10 minutes away and is just flat

side

on to the last 2 before lunch, both are just fronts only.

off home for some lunch time is 11.30

S.A.J

Re: Thursday with me
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 03:46:06 pm »
Had lunch, time is now 12.30

These 2 are just fornts onlt aswell

across the road to do these 2 in the picture

round the corner to another one

the back

Next another front only

last 3 of the day

the back

All done, time is 2.30.

Should have went to Saltash to do a nursing home but dad was not enjoying working in the heat so i took him home for a cold beer.

Stuart
SAJ Window Cleaners Ltd

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 04:28:52 pm »
Stuart how do you find things working 2 up ? most on here seem to think with wfp your better of alone, The reason I ask is because I've just changed over to a van mounted system and will be taking on more suitable work for it ie larger houses and a minimum charge, but also my brother wants to come in with me, we used to work well traditional years ago and I hope we can again, Just wondered how you plan things? I took my son out a few times but found most of the time there was little he could do because of upstairs sills dripping onto downstairs, and I dont think I'll be buying a pro10 for the tops  ;D anyways keep the pics coming its always interesting cheers.
Chris       
Sussex by the sea

S.A.J

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 04:45:15 pm »
Chris we get on fine working two hoses i will normally do the front of a house and my very old man will do the backs.

If we have a string of houses i go one end and he goes the other then we work towards the middle then go back and do all the bottoms.

As for drips i personally don’t worry about them if a window is still dripping onto the one below when i come to clean it i just get on with it, never had a problem doing it that way.

It will take some getting use to working together, hoes getting tangled for example, but once you have cleaned the property for a few months you will know exactly where and what each of you have to do.

Then you will be knocking houses out at speed. The last 3 we done today only took us 20 minutes! £30 in the bag!!

S.A.J

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 04:48:55 pm »
Forgot to say double up on your poles

We have 2 18ft ones and 2 mini poles.

The extra expense will pay off in no time.

LWC

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 05:01:47 pm »
i found that it didnt work half traditional and tops wfp

but that was me

the other chap was waiting round for me, then id be waiting round for him, and i know some of you strap your trad gear on, but i dont spend all this money do just do ups!

i do whole houses now and am quicker than one of os wfp ups and traditionally down

my next venture is employing someone to wfp with me  ;)

you done some good work today!

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 05:11:03 pm »
Thanks sounds like its all possible then just need to get the new work in and off load the rubbish.
Sussex by the sea

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 05:37:38 pm »
Working two up doesn't usually produce twice as much work in the same time.

But ... SAJ - working with your Dad is wonderful - cherish it mate! Money ain't everything!
It's a game of three halves!