This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Re: conservatory roofs
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 05:57:46 pm »
I priced this one at £185, because I didn't want the Job, just to waist a little time, I washed the windows as well took me 70 minutes in total and that was stopping for a cupa and a piece of chocky cake of the custy.

I ended up charging her £150 in the end as she has promised to have it done twice a year for £100 and she is one of my best custy's, so giving her a £35 discount she was over the moon.

Dust Knights

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 06:18:51 pm »
which areas do you cover in england

East Midlands.

Chris

oasisdweeb

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 07:06:31 pm »
ta.
i promise never to cross over to the dark side of the road again.Dont believe the truth.

gollo

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 09:25:31 pm »
Hi Jeff. Like the pics & what a nice earner. Did one similar about 3 weeks ago & only charged £40. Took me approx 2.5 hours, trad. Think I need to up my prices. Out of interest how  did you clean your one?

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 06:41:32 pm »
with con roofs i like to earn money, so i price how i feel, take into account the customer where they live and  then think how long will it take me, 2hours? ill say 60-70, because the worst thing you can do it rush, get tangled in the hose, fall off the ladder, or worse through the glass, so if you take it easy and price to do so, you can go wrong, if they seem a bit weary, and then add, ill wipe all the gutters and clean them out, only takes 5mins and looks great,

bottom line is, i dont earn any less that 30p/h on con roofs,

i find the best way to clean them is with the hi-flow brush from unger, stick that on the end of your pole, get a pump action spray bottle, put it some mega powerful hard surface cleaner, the sort that staines the glass if you leave it on too long and scrub away, and rinse

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 07:59:12 pm »
Oh yes, did one today as an extra, took 30 mins £30,  ;D

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 08:03:27 pm »
and dont you feel good after knowing i earn't 60/ph for almost no work.

john meehan

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 02:08:31 pm »
hello chris of dust knights any more word of you doing national franchise would like to talk to you please email me your details to johnmeehan10@btinternet.com thanks john

gary evans

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 02:39:24 pm »
Dustknights

I would be interested in this upvc & con cleaning, not far from you cannack but cover  a lot of midlands. Phone 07763 143280 or email landywood@tiscali.co.uk

Gary

Dust Knights

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 09:47:14 pm »
John and Gary, many thanks for your interest but its a little early at the moment.

We probably will go down the franchise route but need to develop the local areas with employees first. We need to make sure that any mistakes (at least the major ones) are ironed out before launching the service across the UK.

The point of buying into a franchise is that the pilot(s) have been throughly tried and tested with lessons learnt to avoid potential franchisees getting their fingers burnt - or at least minimise the risk.

For example we are about to try a different form of advertising medium that we are very excited about - but it could fail miserably. We have invested large sums of money into various aspects of the service, marketing etc that have been a risk, but we have had to take them as any franchisee will need to benefit from our experience.

We need to ensure that not only are our customers delighted with our service, but also that our franchisees are too. We want them to earn a lot of money and enjoy what they do. Happiness is everything imo!

There are too many bad franchises in the cleaning industry where franchisees are pretty much conned out of their money; high up front costs and silly percentages of turnover to be paid as royalties.

I hope you appreciate what I'm saying and understand why I'm saying it.

Maybe in 9 months time we will have dotted the i's and crossed the t's. We need to get the consultants in next to establish how territories are to be worked out and the Terms and Conditions of course.

Thanks again for your interest.

Chris

gary evans

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 06:30:51 am »
Chris,

Got your message, good that you are determined to get it right for all involved. I am available next week a couple of days, would be interested in talking in more detail if that was ok. This is something that  i plan on doing may onwards perhaps any help or possible guinee pig trials for you, Lets talk soon.

Gary