This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

giftedk

conservatory roofs
« on: April 19, 2007, 12:47:50 pm »
Are they worth the agg and money ?. Did one yesterday and it took me bloody ages, and i only charged £30. Are they worth it or am i pricing to cheap, if so how do you lot price them up?.

Re: conservatory roofs
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 12:56:43 pm »
we use wfp and charge per the hour £50 (for two of us) first we spray with tfr, then brush and rinse with normal tap water (customers tap) the go over with pure water

giftedk

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 01:02:00 pm »
cheers whats tfr ? :-[

007 or what

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 01:05:07 pm »
I've made a good profit from con roofs i look at the roof decide how long its
going to take, 1hr at least, that would be £30 to start with. Good idea giftedk i've allways used just pure water to rinse off will try using there tap on the next one. ;D

I did a con last week roof inside and out (very hot day) Charged £50 took 2 1/2 hrs it did take longer than i priced for but hey £50 for 2 1/2 is not that bad i used to work all day for that welding >:(

007 or what

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 01:07:06 pm »
TFR
Traffic film remover
Car valets use it to does exactly what it says on the tin ;)

Spray on roof leave for 5 mins scrub off it lifts the green off

chrismroberts

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 01:46:06 pm »
Whats the best way to do them trad? I generally scrub them with my mop on a pole, and then rinse off with a garden hose. This works fine for the translucent roofs, but I did a roof the other day that was clear, and it obviously dried quite badly. I had warned the customer about this prior, but he was just happy he could see through it!

Was £40, took me 1 + 1/2 hours, but there was no way I could've squeegeed it 'cuz the panes were odd shapes.

dougster

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 09:07:04 pm »
i charge different rates for cons, 3x3mtrs £50 4x4mtrs £75 and keep going as the bigger the size

tony27

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 09:53:18 pm »
Im just wondering if it is viable to make a living from just doing conservatories and nothing else.

s.hughes

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 09:56:26 pm »
You'd need a lot of conservatory roofs

niceandclean

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 10:16:09 pm »
Do you clean the frames as well as the roofs for those prices, or is it just for the roof?

EasyClean

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 04:35:11 am »
TFR sprayed on, leave for 10mins (have a cuppa),then pressure wash them off with a very wide nozzle jet fitted from a distance. A lot quicker than using a WFP brush.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

oasisdweeb

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 11:54:23 am »
where d u buy that tfr stuff from
i promise never to cross over to the dark side of the road again.Dont believe the truth.

mick hay

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 11:59:23 am »
I always get them to have the sides and guttering cleaned too, taked about an extra 40 mins. Price is always from £100.

4 last saturday, 4 this sat (altho gotta do em nxt in case bust me stitches!!!)  have always got cons to do, up your prices lads, custies will pay!!!

ronaldo

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 12:59:30 pm »
Conservatory roof work is the cream as i call it it ! we did 15 last week as well as 7 full fascia cleans, we charge a minimum £60,00 for a roof clean and we,re fully equiped and do every job off conservatory ladders and clean by hand and results are always excellent, the repeat work we get from this and reccomendations to others is untrue, with this type of work plus your regular windows you cannot fail to earn a decent living.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Dust Knights

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 02:00:38 pm »
Im just wondering if it is viable to make a living from just doing conservatories and nothing else.

Oh yes!

We have a crew of two lads fully booked for the next three weeks. Ours is a professional valeting service and not just a clean of them.

Minimum charge is £150 but average is over £200 per clean. The lads do 2 a day so takings are around £400-£500 per day. We've just had to start doing weekend work which is brilliant as not only are we doing more conservatories but neighbours are more aware of the service provided.

This is off about a 4 mile radius of our office and we're about to develop another territory where there is a lot of potential business (area with money) with a second team.

The art is in the marketing of the service and selling it once in front of a customer. We do about 5 surveys a day and get about 4 out of the 5. Every day there are more and more calls from the advertising that we do and from recommendations.

We're working on a few finer points before expanding this service on a grander scale, considering whether to go down the employed worker route as is in place at the moment, or, more likely, launching this service as a low-cost national franchise.

Watch this space... 8)

Chris

qwert

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 02:36:13 pm »
Conservatory roof work is the cream as i call it it ! we did 15 last week as well as 7 full fascia cleans, we charge a minimum £60,00 for a roof clean and we,re fully equiped and do every job off conservatory ladders and clean by hand and results are always excellent, the repeat work we get from this and reccomendations to others is untrue, with this type of work plus your regular windows you cannot fail to earn a decent living.

Does that £60 include ins as well as outs for the roof??

vivaro 013

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 03:33:33 pm »

Oh yes!

We have a crew of two lads fully booked for the next three weeks. Ours is a professional valeting service and not just a clean of them.

Minimum charge is £150 but average is over £200 per clean. The lads do 2 a day so takings are around £400-£500 per day. We've just had to start doing weekend work which is brilliant as not only are we doing more conservatories but neighbours are more aware of the service provided.

This is off about a 4 mile radius of our office and we're about to develop another territory where there is a lot of potential business (area with money) with a second team.

The art is in the marketing of the service and selling it once in front of a customer. We do about 5 surveys a day and get about 4 out of the 5. Every day there are more and more calls from the advertising that we do and from recommendations.

We're working on a few finer points before expanding this service on a grander scale, considering whether to go down the employed worker route as is in place at the moment, or, more likely, launching this service as a low-cost national franchise.

Watch this space... 8)

Chris

which areas do you cover in england

oasisdweeb

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 03:35:40 pm »
so again.wat is that tfr and where d i get it from
i promise never to cross over to the dark side of the road again.Dont believe the truth.

ronaldo

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 05:25:49 pm »

Does that £60 include ins as well as outs for the roof??

No that £60 is just for the roof and outsides, but as i said this is our minimum charge and our average price is probably around the £100 to £120 mark, and when i say outsides that is all the down pipes frames sills and glass and guttering jetted out.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

steve k

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 05:55:18 pm »
TFR...traffic film remover...available from Ebay or Halfords...plus many others...do a search on Ebay/Google