This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gollo

best pole for conservatory roof cleans
« on: April 18, 2007, 11:33:30 pm »
I am a trad wc & have been asked to clean a number of conservatory roofs. I did my first one yesterday & was pleasantly surprised with the result. Access to the roof was quite good & was able to stand on stepladder. Sprayed windows & wood frame with tfr. After a few minutes I washed down with a brush on a pole extending approx 1.5mtrs, attached to a normal hose. Then used squeegee attached to unger tele pole for areas out of reach & normal squeegee for windows I could reach. My question is what pole/brush do you trad wcs use to clean those harder to reach conservatory roofs that are 3 or 4 mtrs from where you can stand on a ladder?

LWC

Re: best pole for conservatory roof cleans
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 11:57:11 pm »
i just use my brodex pole

invest in a wfp, youll never look back  ;)

gary999

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 12:24:22 am »
ive got a fifteen foot extendable decorators pole which bentley brush screws perfect onto works great. pole £15 b&q  brush £2 tesco or asda

gollo

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 10:45:09 pm »
Thanks for the tips guys. Gary, do you use a hose to water the conservatory roof before using your brush or  do you attach a hose  to the pole in some way? what pole do you use to squeegee off?

matt

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 10:49:58 pm »
Thanks for the tips guys. Gary, do you use a hose to water the conservatory roof before using your brush or  do you attach a hose  to the pole in some way? what pole do you use to squeegee off?

Before i was 100% WFP, i had 2 glass roofs to do, i used to connect the hose to the outside tap, give the roof a good scrub with pole and brush, then give it a quick "polish" with pure water from my handpumped backpack crop sprayer, they came up a treat