This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bazzy1999

No More Ladders For Me Thats My Lot...
« on: April 18, 2007, 09:46:36 pm »
After 4 months of not using ladders much (due to wfp) I spent all day yesterday painting my windows and found it hard work humping the ladders about and when I was up there I didn’t feel safe and I couldn’t understand why because I used to clean windows this way and never had a problem then it happened….. Well not a fall but when I was coming down the ladder I stepped off a bit early, 2 rungs to early with my leg straight and I landed on my heel and the pain went straight through me and I went to bed last night In agony.
That’s it for me sod the ladders they can stay off my van from now on and if it cant be done from the ground it dont get done.

Bazz…

jeff1

Re: No More Ladders For Me Thats My Lot...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 09:52:33 pm »
I found the same last week Bazz, I used them all day for a builders clean, found it hard work and the next day I was knackard ::)

I also found out today that one of my customers who is a builder, fell off his ladder and broke his back :o

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:08:42 pm »
I've been back on ladders this week for a final fling.

Knackering in a word.

dai

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 10:28:53 pm »
I worked on ladders for many years and enjoyed perfect health, switched to WFP and my blood pressure has started to rise. I don't need to go on tablets yet, but the ladder work did have it's benefits. Dai

KJG

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 12:11:10 am »
I worked on ladders for many years and enjoyed perfect health, switched to WFP and my blood pressure has started to rise. I don't need to go on tablets yet, but the ladder work did have it's benefits. Dai

Yeah, I'm still a regular on the ladder - no man boobs here.

GAZZA B

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 12:32:21 am »
|Bazz My boy,

what are you doing on friday morning say about 11:00am?

Gazza

Bazzy1999

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 07:59:45 pm »
Sorry Gazza but im back to work friday.

Bazz...

MNWC

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 08:20:01 pm »
Gazza

dont bother asking him he always forgets ......

Like me in sunny hunny on wednesday  ::)

Marcus

Bazzy1999

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 08:59:00 pm »
Marcus it wasnt my forgetful mind this time it was my hip and knee and there was no way i was going to try and drive to sunny hunny..
Anyway if you are interested my hip and knee feel better today so i should be ok for work tomorrow and saturday ive got to finish the bl**dy painting off or ill cop it from the wife aswell..

Bazz...

ronaldo

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 09:13:16 pm »
I worked on ladders for 9 years with no problems and physically always felt good.

Changed over to wfp just over a year ago and since then ive had a bad shoulder which got so bad i had to get it treated, and both elbows or forearms are permanantly aching.

Its got nothing to do with being unfit either as i have trained all my life and still train 3 nights a week, and fought semi professional in full contact fighting for 15 years up until last year, its all down to the poxy pole repetative work day in day out.

But would i go back to ladders ?

Would i hell  ;)
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

aztec

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 10:44:00 pm »
ive got constant neck ache aswell has anyone else?

NWH

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 10:46:03 pm »
How long have you been using the pole.

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 08:20:24 am »
I've got a pain in the neck but its called the missus. I was watching two blokes clean a block of flats using ladders last week. All I kept thinking was what incredibly hard work it looked. They could have flashed through it with a pole.

There was a story in the Metro, this week about a window cleaner who fell off his ladder and broke his back. Now he's in a wheelchair for life but his insurance company won't pay out because it was an uninsured risk. Did anyone else see it?

Ian_Giles

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 09:36:03 am »
Yep, I read that story too, he paid out £350 for his insurance too!

It isn't just Health and safety regs that cause us problems with working off ladders, it's the insurance companies too, they'll use any excuse they can to wriggle out of paying out >:(
It's scary isn't it? You think you have got yourself covered in case of a serious accident, only to find that the small print (all written in confusing legal-eze) gives the insurance company a cop out clause :-\

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES