This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

giftedk

ars..... nickinbg my work
« on: April 17, 2007, 07:29:32 pm »
turned up at a customers today and he said i thought you packed it in.
Apparently some guy called tony has been going round telling my customers that ive packed up, and trying to take my work.
so tony if your reading, im gonna undercut all your work you low life.

sorry peeps but that annoys me when ive worked so hard building it up.
did make me laugh though as i still got the customer back as he said tony was crap and he will tell him where to go .

Paul Golding

Re: ars..... nickinbg my work
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 08:01:32 pm »
yeah, someone I knew had that happen to him !! The guy even new his name !! Scary.

The way I see it, what's the point of undercutting someone ?? . . Why not jut go and canvas for yourself and get them at the proper price. In the long run you'll be earning more.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 08:05:06 pm »
two ways to go on this................

1. Ignore him and let all your customers know you have NOT packed in.  Then they wil know he is a liar and most probably tell him to sling his hook.

2.  Find out who he is and drop his name of at the local Social Security Office and any details you find out about him ;D ;D

Try 1 first.  Iff he realy is a pain in your ass.  Then go for Plan 2.

Main thing here.............DON@T LOOSE YOUR COOL ;) ;) ;)

YOU are better than him..................and iff you feel angry at the end of a day..................Have a good old rant about it with us on here >:( >:( >:(

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Jon T.C.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 08:14:02 pm »
1) Get your customer to get his address & name

2) Go round his house, and bang him one on the beek

Then do both things suggested by Dave.

This sort of thing really annoys me aswell  >:(
Elite Cleaning Solutions

brightnclean

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 08:21:06 pm »

And we moan about the public impression of window cleaners. No wonder!!   ::)  ::)

marc al

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 08:39:45 pm »
   I dont agree with banging him on the beak, what would the public think of us window cleaners.

Beat the tosser into the middle of next week, make sure the pulic dont think we are a bunch of girl thingys.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 08:52:40 pm »
Now come on, there's no need to act like northerners.

Oops sorry Mr.Salkeld (sir). :-X

LWC

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 09:28:50 pm »
a while ago i wanted to give college another try,(im only 22 now by the way") and i lent someone my work to look after

and guess what he didnt look after it!

anyway, whilst in this time of the guy not looking after my work all that well, someone called steve called on my customers saying i had sent him

now that takes the mick

dont worry mate as long as you have looked after them, youll get them back! i sure did, and im even picking up his extra work in that area as hes useless...that'l teach him

i cant understand why anyone would do this! go and get your own work loosers!  :P

;)

brightnclean

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 09:52:39 pm »

And we moan about the public impression of window cleaners. No wonder!!   ::)  ::)

What's the  ::) !!

I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to do it in public, and besides if they knew what he was upto, they would probably join in.

Really?

So you would go on to his property and commit a crime. Wow so professional  :o

Try a spell in the real world. Real pro's eat people with your attitude for breakfast.

Gifted. One dirty trick like this guy is doing is best dealt with by informing your customers that you have not packed in. He will be totally discredited. He wont last 2 minutes and like you say he is doing a crap job which can only show just how good your workmanship is.

I know it's annoying and does make you feel angry but to stoop to his level can only harm you. Rise above it and carry on with your good work. Ive been threatened.. undercut.. had my customers told I had packed in as well and rode it all out. This trade does attract low lifes. Dont be tempted to join them.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 10:52:43 pm »
If he says that you have packed it in, he must be trying for the same price if not more.  The contract for window cleaning is between you and the customer, you haven't canceled so when customers say what has happened just act dumb.  Soon the customers will be infuriated at this idiot and vent their rage on him, maybe letting him turn up and then not paying.

If a customer is happy with you they will stay with you, they don't often like change.

Simon.

Jon T.C.

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 11:07:38 pm »

What's the  ::) !!

I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to do it in public, and besides if they knew what he was upto, they would probably join in.

Really?

So you would go on to his property and commit a crime. Wow so professional  :o

Try a spell in the real world. Real pro's eat people with your attitude for breakfast.

Gifted. One dirty trick like this guy is doing is best dealt with by informing your customers that you have not packed in. He will be totally discredited. He wont last 2 minutes and like you say he is doing a crap job which can only show just how good your workmanship is.

I know it's annoying and does make you feel angry but to stoop to his level can only harm you. Rise above it and carry on with your good work. Ive been threatened.. undercut.. had my customers told I had packed in as well and rode it all out. This trade does attract low lifes. Dont be tempted to join them.

:'( ::)
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Trevor Knight

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 09:22:25 am »
Write a letter to all your customers asking them to keep their eyes out for this guy and what he is doing?

Regarding the customers he has taken from you, go back to them and explain what has happened and ask them if they will continue with your services. If they say no, don't lose any sleep over them, they are obviously price orientated and therefore would have dropped you when the next w/c came by with a cheaper price?

As for the individual himself, two options really.

Option 1 - Hit him, face assault charges, possibly spark a very dangerous game and who knows where that will end up? Let your customers see how your reasoning methods etc........

Option 2 - Hit him where it hurts, i.e. be one step ahead, get your customers on board with you, tell any new customers you will never just give up and would always notify them first, make a joke about this guy and explain if he turns up don't panic! Report him to Inland Revenue but most importantly don't let him effect your business by losing your head!

Box clever!!!!

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

tony27

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 10:47:30 am »
It sounds like this guy is just out to make some quick money by conning your customers, he cant last long if you notify all your customers of his untrustworthy tactics.

If you do loose any of your old customers to him after youve explained the situation, then they were not the kind of customers that you would want.

He will probably just fade away after a few months anyway, especially in the winter months.

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 04:45:51 pm »
turned up at a customers today and he said i thought you packed it in.
Apparently some guy called tony has been going round telling my customers that ive packed up, and trying to take my work.

Sometimes a misunderstanding can take place.  I know two local window cleaners who this has happened to.

Imagine you've genuinely dropped some customers without letting them know (unprofessional I know, but I bet we've all done it) and then late for some others that you're keeping.

This Tony may have heard you haven't been round since last year from some of your ex customers and may assume you've just binned the lot and jacked it in.

Can you get his phone number and have a genuinely friendly word with him?

matt

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 08:22:55 pm »
i had a similar thing happen a while back ( i bet some remmber it here )

i got around the next day with a letter to all my customers ( in the area his was trying this ) and it explained what was happening

in the end i didnt lose any1

fletch

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 08:38:53 pm »
I think maybe somebody might of sold your rounds to Tony :o
and Tonys was not aware that they were actually yours ???
                        Regards,
                           Fletch.
DIVIDE & CONQUER