This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

What has been best change you've made in window cleaning?

WFP
Pricing properly
Reliable vehicle
Employing staff
Pruning poor work
Other - please explain

AuRavelling79

How has this forum helped you?
« on: April 17, 2007, 06:04:18 pm »
Please help us to see what are the most valuable things we can do to improve our window cleaning rounds.

Vote for all that apply to you personally.

Thanks.
It's a game of three halves!

pylofm

Re: How has this forum helped you?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 06:07:18 pm »
I find those little questions can be thrown in and asked, also the feeling of not being alone is a comfort....

Cheers
Dave.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 06:35:24 pm »
I voted for the first and last two.  On the last one I will say that reading of other people's experiences has helped to give me the confidence to be straight with customers - even if it's something they don't want to hear.

brett walker

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 06:40:23 pm »
wfp 8) all the way 8)

brett

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 06:43:40 pm »
its helped me with pricing and pruning poor work, but has also helped me improve my wc'ing techniques and counless other things too, even though i dont get to come on here that much its good to bounce questions and ideas off ppl and then take the info that i agree with and use it to my advantage.

tis a quality forum ;)
when I'm cleaning windows

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 06:49:36 pm »
Top and bottom one for me.

Changing over to wfp  from being a long time Trad, can not only be daunting but a nightmare and a mine field.

Making the final decision  to change to wfp, were to buy your equipment can only be made by the Individual, but with lots of help and advice from the guy's on the forum, you can collate all the information you collect and its then upto you to make the decision.

The bottom poll is on going for the majority of us, this always consists of problem solving and problem sharing.

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 06:52:15 pm »
I voted 'other'.

For me this forum proved the support I needed, particularly when I first started and was struggling to build up enough work to pay the bills.  I guess there were numerous occasions during my first two years where I nearly jacked it all in because I found it such a 'crap job'.

It's cathartic to have a whinge now-and-again, and also good to hear other people moaning about stuff that you think is only happening to yourself!

Majestic

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 06:54:31 pm »
I have ticked all boxes as it has helped me with all of them. But I do like to read how much people say they earn ;D

Davew

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 06:58:54 pm »
It's a mine of information for me. As I'm a sole trader the only other way to get advice would be through a fellow windowcleaner. I doubt if I could have got going without this forum. Then there are some suppliers like Gardiner Poles who not only provide an outstanding service but chip in with lots of (almost unbiased advice). Then you have the likes of Jeff Brimble who experiment at the lower end of the scale and happily share their results with everyone- this forum benefits everybody. :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 08:03:09 pm »
How dare you say our advice is 'almost unbiased' - we always strive to be completely and utterly biased  ;)

Davew

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 08:24:09 pm »
How dare you say our advice is 'almost unbiased' - we always strive to be completely and utterly biased  ;)
Yes, there has been a lot of buyus this and buyus that going on in my house and a lot of it has been going to Cornwall!  ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 08:54:09 pm »
I voted WFP, but time will tell if I'm right...

JohnL

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 10:00:05 pm »
 :)

Oh and to get to the point of the thread I voted other as well as WFP because of the vast amount of knowledge and info gleaned from this and other forums.

The  :)  was for Rogers reply   :)
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 10:08:14 pm »
I'm like most people in that I don't like new ideas and I don't like change. When I see other peoples problems laid out(like squeaks) it's so obvious what they need to do- Be more accepting of new ideas, be more flexible and adaptive in their approach, take notice of the strategies of more intelligent people like myself etc...
Then I think, hang on you're telling him, get your finger out your back00de and start taking your own advice.
So the best thing for me is you get to tell other people what to do( even if you don't post you think it) and then a little voice saying, if you're so clever you do it! Which is good because that's when I start making money..

marc

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 09:03:03 am »
wfp and this forum for me i dont need to buy a paper any more i spend so much time reading your posts           marc

Lizzy

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 05:16:36 pm »
I voted OTHER cos

This place has confirmed I'm not the only nutter in the UK. ;D
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

AuRavelling79

Re: How has this forum helped you? New
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 05:31:54 pm »
I voted OTHER cos

This place has confirmed I'm not the only nutter in the UK. ;D

No - there's me and Tosh too! ;D

Seriously though - you folk on this forum have given me so much more confidence from the advice/experience on offer.
It's a game of three halves!