Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: New van coming soon!
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007, 05:47:36 pm »
It would probably fall apart. ;D

Shiner, you did answer correctly for me.
I'm fine with 400L now, but what if one day I do need more?
With that size van it's more than I'll ever need.

Besides, I want a nice comfy solid van, not a rattly little Fiat with electrical problems.

Macc is saying that 400 litres a day is more than enough for him.  Most of the time, it's more than enough for me too.  However, I do get the odd day when I need to do a few first cleans and find that I use more than 400.  My record was about 700 litres in a day on my own.  The job was large. It was wall to wall glass.  It was filthy.  I probably could have got away with less than 700 but I wanted to be sure as it was only a few days after some complaints on other jobs.
I think a big difference may be that Macc uses a trigger and I don't so a lot can depend on your work method.  I have an 800 litre tank in my Trafic van (it's the 2.9 tonne version) so it's not too critical for me to keep my usage down.  If I had a smaller tank in the van, I suppose I would find ways to keep the usage down more.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2007, 05:50:06 pm »
was only looking out for you squeek, you seem to be falling for "all the hype". it wasn't that long ago you couldn't even afford to pay your tax bill, now you have 250 quid a month extra to pay out & higher running costs.

tony
I still can't afford my (now double) taxbill.
I've was off work for 5 weeks.

I want a reliable van so I can work every day, make more money with wfp, and pay everything off and still live ok.

Yes it'll take a while, but I'll get there.
This time next year I'll be debt free and laughing. ;)

I took a similar view to you in the end Rog.  I realised that to earn better money (and start repaying my debts), I would need to borrow more first.  Borrowing money to find a way out of debt is usually flawed logic.  However, where WFP is concerned, I believe that it is an exception to that rule.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2007, 05:55:06 pm »
My "rattly little (Fiat) van with electrical problems" - as squeaks puts it  ;D - is fine for me and my 400L. £179 a month/£2000 "balloon"/3yr warranty 45mpg on start/stop driving and I can drive at car speeds legally.

Personally I wouldn't touch a Renault with a barge-pole - but each to his own!

If I wanted bigger it'd be the Scudo/Expert/Dispatch - for 650L/one operator - maybe there's a deal to be had as they have just changed models?
It's a game of three halves!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2007, 06:05:20 pm »

Personally I wouldn't touch a Renault with a barge-pole - but each to his own!

This is my first Renault.  It needed a gearbox change at 39,000miles (just inside the warranty).
Although it's been OK since then, such a major problem at relatively low mileage has left me not trusting the van.
It may well be that no large problems develop between now (52,000miles) and when I sell it on (c. 90,000miles) but the feeling that the current gearbox may also only do 39,000miles does occupy my thoughts too much on a bad day.
I doubt that I will buy another.
I quite like largish vans so maybe it's a Transit next time or maybe Toyota will have come out with one as good as the Hiace.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2007, 06:10:31 pm »
My bro. had a bad experience recently with a late model Renault car (he's a self employed photocopier engineer) - bits literally dropping off! Made of cheese he reckons.

Round here I know four w/c with Scudo/Experts - all like'em.
It's a game of three halves!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2007, 06:52:45 pm »
I agree with you about Renault cars Malc, they're rubbish, indeed all french cars.

However, the Traffic/Vivaro/Primastar is a joint multinational venture with the best bits from Renault/Vauxhall/Nissan.
From what I've read and heard, once they're sold they don't come back.
Look how many are on the road...they can't all be wrong.

I wouldn't touch a Fiat/Citreon for £10 though.
All the plastic bits fall off and and the electrics pack up.

jeff1

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2007, 07:14:51 pm »
OMG! Squeaky as a white van man ;D ;D

Well done squeeks I hope it all goes well for you,  like you said give it a year and you will be the one laughing all the way to the bank.

Good luck for the future. ;)

rosskesava

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2007, 08:54:49 pm »
Roger

As you'll be using ladders for a short while - wouldn't they fit inside?

Mind you, looks like you could fit half your house in it.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2007, 09:00:43 pm »
Oh Ross. ;D

Yes, I deliberately hired a big one to fit ladders in.(I thought I said that?)
I spent the working trad today.
Although it seemed like hard work I had a reasonable day, and it's nice to be earning.

You're right though, there's not much won't fit inside it.
The ladders go in with about 4ft to spare. :o

aztec

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2007, 09:15:46 pm »
when i read your post headlining "new van coming soon" i didnt realise you put three together mate!!!

macmac

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2007, 09:22:12 pm »
p.s. the doblo cargo won van of the year 2006. ;D

tony

darren72

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2007, 09:22:58 pm »
i  got a nissan primastar of vans direct in january the van is a cracker and drives better than most cars ive had.

JohnL

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2007, 09:44:58 pm »
''I'm fine with 400L now, but what if one day I do need more?''

Way to go Squeeks!!!  - already looking to expand on the new fangled WFP window cleaning system   ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2007, 10:35:25 pm »
p.s. the doblo cargo won van of the year 2006. ;D

tony
In it's own category maybe, but I think you'll find that "Best Medium sized Van 2006" was the Renault Trafic. :P  ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2007, 11:07:22 pm »
I agree with you about Renault cars Malc, they're rubbish, indeed all french cars.

However, the Traffic/Vivaro/Primastar is a joint multinational venture with the best bits from Renault/Vauxhall/Nissan.
From what I've read and heard, once they're sold they don't come back.
Look how many are on the road...they can't all be wrong.

I wouldn't touch a Fiat/Citreon for £10 though.
All the plastic bits fall off and and the electrics pack up.

The Traffic/Vivaro/Primastar  are known for gearbox issues though.  Well I've heard it about the Trafic and the Vivaro.  Not heard the same about Primastar though.  I assumed they would all source their parts from the same place.  OK so each manufacturer adds its own badging and maybe a few frills (such as Primastar's reversing sensor) but I assume the main bulk of the vehicles are essentially identical.  I even had a Vauxhall dealer admit to me that the Vivaros come back with gearbox problems rather more than they should.  Having said that, most of them are no problem.
They're a lovely van to drive though.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2007, 11:19:28 pm »
Seeing as I'll be doing roughly 4,000 miles a year for the 3 years, I don't think that's going to be a problem somehow. ::)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2007, 11:31:05 pm »
Seeing as I'll be doing roughly 4,000 miles a year for the 3 years, I don't think that's going to be a problem somehow. ::)

Good god.  You'll get away with filling up once a month on that mileage.  You don't need to think about filling up until you've done 400 miles since the last fill.  I even got close to 500 when I had been on a long journey.  (I reset the trip meter when I top up with diesel).

rugby

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2007, 01:06:34 am »
i changed my old transit for a 03 mwb vauxhall movano,havnt had any problems so far and for a big van they are fantastic to drive.i love mine :-*

Tosh

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2007, 04:57:19 pm »
Finally sorted out a decent deal on a van today.

Blimey, Roger (Squeaks),

WFP and a new van; crickey; Turbo Terry would be turning in his grave if he were dead!!!

I'm a bit disapointed mind; we can't make anymore 'ladders-on-a-pram' jokes about you; and there's me in my beat-up Rover humping barrels of water about and my little backpack!!

Anyway, mate; you've had enough bad-luck these past few months, so I hope it all works out well for you.

Once I move house and get sorted, I'll be in a position to offer you an alternative source of pure-water if Ian has any problems.

Regards,

Tosh.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2007, 05:37:34 pm »
Cheers mate. ;)

It has been a big outlay, and I'm up to my ears in debt now, but it'll all be worth it in the end.
I reckon I'll pay off most people quickly working with the pole.

It now looks like it will probably be friday, so that means I've got the weekend to kit it out, and back to work monday!

Excellent, no time off work! :)