This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Re: is modular the way forward
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 08:08:49 pm »
Blimey I'll have to print that off and carry it around the house! I always do the frames especially the tops the reason being that when I open the valve to rinse I always get a high pressure blast that oversprays onto the top frame and I think unless you are really lucky this is bound to drip dirty water on the pane. I am very much a newbie so my technique is still evolving and as I'm still part time speed and money are not the most important things ....yet. Yes I think a swivel brush is ideal but not for every job and it dosen't seem to work with a long gooseneck. I thought the vikan sill brush was the bees knees when I started but I avoid it as much as possible and use my superlight (bentley) as much as possible now as it's lighter and more accurate.

clean team

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 08:12:49 pm »
what is the best pole on the market for every day use on domestics i use my brodex glass fiber 30ft on everything. i do 30-40 houses a day with it.only seems heavy to me when i have it fully extended at a angle. i have a 60ft wich i cut down to 45 ft now that is heavy espheshally when you are useing it for 3 days in a row :o now that nearyl kills me i sleep well after that.i need something that is strong light and robust.oh and cheep.i only seen to get a year out of them and thats after plenty of repairing them.  :)

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 08:36:29 pm »
That poles not made of Ali i hope.

No, it can be made out of anything though.  The ones I will have at Blackpool are GF but nothing like the universal stuff on the go.  The weight of the 24 foot pole is around 1.5KG.

Peter

NWH

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 08:43:00 pm »
Whats different about it,surley a 24ft glass fibre pole weight wise is a 24ft glass fibre pole.A normal glass fibre pole at 24ft is awful,is it the way it can be put up quickly that makes it better or what,the most important thing for me is that it would be mega light especially after using the fishing type poles.The only time i use glass fibre is when i use my mini pole or 12ft extender other than that i don`t go near glass fibre.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 08:52:01 pm »
hi peter
       will you be selling this new pole at the fed show or have you just got a prototype there for demo if it is just demo how long do you think it will be before your selling them, i need two poles pretty soon so will try to hold out till your new ones are here.

I should have a few for sale at the show, but I will be taking orders and they should be ready within a short time afterwards.

I have only let two window cleaners use the pole and both of them have placed orders.

I have a few ideas already to make what I have better, but like anything it takes a while to get the thing perfected.  But I definitely feel with the feedback I have had so far, it will be the pole of the future.

Peter

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 09:01:08 pm »
Whats different about it,surley a 24ft glass fibre pole weight wise is a 24ft glass fibre pole.A normal glass fibre pole at 24ft is awful,is it the way it can be put up quickly that makes it better or what,the most important thing for me is that it would be mega light especially after using the fishing type poles.The only time i use glass fibre is when i use my mini pole or 12ft extender other than that i don`t go near glass fibre.

Its a 24 foot GF pole that only weighs 1.5KG its as light as a feather and rigid. This particular pole is made in a unique way that allows the weight to be kept to a minimum , and keeps the structure rigid when extended.

The way that it goes up and down is unique and that is where the time saving comes in.  No more wasting time clamping and unclamping pole sections.  Another important aspect is the closed height which is under 4 foot, this means that you are not wasting time changing poles over for bottom windows.  And it will fit easily into a small van even with a bulkhead.

Peter

NWH

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 09:07:04 pm »
How long would you honestly say it will be before there for sale,by that i mean i ring you up and if i want one you say you can have one this week.

EasyClean

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 09:07:53 pm »
IMO telescopic would be the way forward if total weight is reduced, diameter of pole is reduced and poles don't need to be taken apart to remove clamps when worn.  The last one I've solved  so that my poles never need to be taken apart when the 'universal' clamps have worn down.  I have an Ionics ergolite pole with all the clamps worn out but the clamps work better now and last indefinitely as I've made my modifications to it. It's so simple and if Ionics or 'Facelift' were prepared to throw me a worthwhile 'Freebie' I would share my solution with them.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 09:19:09 pm »
How long would you honestly say it will be before there for sale,by that i mean i ring you up and if i want one you say you can have one this week.

Firstly I would rather you seen the pole first or were at least recommend it by someone who had used it. 

I will have 8 of them altogether, and 3 of them are spoken for, which leaves 5, if you are interested I could keep one aside for you at the show, if you like it you can buy it, if not then it dosn't matter, I can let someone else have it.

Peter

Chris A

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 09:32:26 pm »
unless the top section is broken

Chris A

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 09:33:38 pm »
or the next

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 11:26:07 pm »
Peter would you be happy to throw up pics of the pole either here or on your site so the guys not going to the fed show can see what the poles are about

or are you waiting to after the fed show

Just before the show, or right after the show, I will post a link to a video showing the pole and how easy it is to use.

Peter

jouk45

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 11:56:04 pm »
peter if its as good as you say it is, keep one back for me, am looking  for a new pole, ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 08:41:58 am »
hi peter can you keep one back for me, please email me to confirm you can my pole is on its last legs so dont want to be waiting if possible , see you at the show it is a 25ft one i would want. cheers
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 06:11:15 pm »
is it one of Tams bamboo canes !!!!!!!!!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 07:15:19 pm »
Almost, the idea reminds me of snakes.
.....but no ladders

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2007, 10:30:51 pm »
hi peter can you keep one back for me, please email me to confirm you can my pole is on its last legs so dont want to be waiting if possible , see you at the show it is a 25ft one i would want. cheers

Trevor and Jouk, I will keep one aside for you both.  Anyone who has requested me to keep one aside could you make contact with me ASAP at the show, so I know exactly who wants one and who dosn't.  No point in me keeping them aside if you have changed your mind, or perhaps don't like the look of it, and don't want it.

Thanks,

Peter