This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chrismroberts

Astra van?
« on: April 15, 2007, 12:50:34 pm »
Hello all :)

I'm thinking of making the change over to WFP this Autumn, and was considering putting a DIY system together and leasing a new van.

I was wondering what your thoughts would be on putting a WFP system in an Astra van? Has anyone done this?

I noticed the new one has a 650kg payload weight, so would this be enough to take a 400ltr system with other bits and pieces? Would a tank even fit?

Thanks for any advice you can give :)

Chris

b.turner

Re: Astra van?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 11:18:25 pm »
hi there
  i had an astra van on a w plate, with a 250 litre, would weigh the back down a lot when full, and affected breaking, bought a nissan vanette instead, hope this helps, regards

chrismroberts

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 09:39:16 am »
Thanks for your advice guys. Sounds like 400ltr would be pushing it a bit! From the specs on Vauxhalls site, it seems the payload is higher than some vans like the Kangoo, but maybe in practice it doesn't really work.

Being able to take the ladders off easily was the appeal really! (But maybe that isnt a good thing?!) And that it could easily double as a car for everyday use.

What sort of payload would you suggest for carrying 400ltr?

Thanks again :)

Chris

macmac

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 11:08:47 am »
taking the ladders off isnt a problem, this was my concern when buying a kangoo. I just slide them on/off from the back (along the rear roof bar). you can even buy a proper rear roof bar that has a roller on it for this purpose. I would recommend a payload of between 650 to 800kg for a 400ltr system. I have a 400ltr system in my kangoo & its payload is 665kg, its fine but when i get a new van i'll try & get one with a little more like the doblo (730kg) or the other kangoo (800kg).

tony

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 12:38:35 pm »
Bit small I reckon - no real advantage over a big estate car.

I went from Honda Estate with 200L on board to Doblo with 400L.
It's a game of three halves!

Majestic

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 04:58:13 pm »
I had a Astra van , I found that I kept hitting my head on the tailgate when I went into the van for something.

I would go for the biggest van that you can afford, I have a 05  Expert and thats to small for what I do now,

NWH

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 05:19:03 pm »
I`ve had a couple of astra vans and cars in the past and the suspension and shocks on them are awful,the vans suspension are nothing more than a cars.I wouldn`t put a system in one full stop,in my opinion your asking for trouble.A good van for gardeners but no good for lugging around nearly half a ton.

chrismroberts

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 05:32:05 pm »
Hmmm, maybe not a good idea then  :-\ Shame really, I went to have a look at the new one today and they LOOK fantastic. Guess at the expense of practicality.

The Combo looks to be pretty good! Payload of about 800kg and side doors optional, might have a look into one of them! I really like the Connects too, but they seem a little pricey.

Thanks for your opinions guys.

dave0123

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 05:35:27 pm »
I have a combo 03 and thats only 595kg payload? which ones are 800kg

Dave
Dave.

chrismroberts

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 06:58:35 pm »
Just got the brochure from Vauxhall today and it says the maximum payload is 803kg? The plot thickens!!  ???