This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

How much do we get influenced with buying products through, reading about them on forums

A great deal
64.7%
44 (64.7%)
slight influenece
30.9%
21 (30.9%)
Not influenced at all
4.4%
3 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: April 17, 2007, 06:06:29 pm

Jon T.C.

Do forums influence us ?
« on: April 12, 2007, 06:06:29 pm »
Just looking at how much kit i've bought this year, and wondered if I didn't come on the forums, would it affect my buying decisions?

Cheers Jon
Elite Cleaning Solutions

DASERVICES

Re: Do forums influence us ?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 06:38:31 pm »
Without this forum I would have not gone over to WFP. Ian Giles posts made my mind up.

Doug

brightnclean

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 06:43:26 pm »
I would say yes to this but not always in a positive way.

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 07:10:22 pm »
I voted a great deal, which is true if- like me- you have a limited knowledge of the subjsects involved.

My focus used to be saving money. Now I want the best kit. So yes I am very influenced.

JohnL

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 11:08:26 pm »
I think this forum is extremely influential  and informative on a great many matters and must have an influence on buying decisions.

However I must say this is the first place where I found information on the needs and requirements of the window cleaner and without it I would not be aware of the many suppliers who are out there.
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 11:09:57 pm »
It's been a major influence for me.

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 11:12:20 pm »
forums are equal to nespapers in some ways. they keep you right up to date with everyday expeiences,
we find out the what is the latest tools, best prices, good days, bad days, no wonder we are influence,
i love every minute of it all, ;D

gary999

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 12:03:08 am »
couldnt have got started without the cleaning forums would have been totally lost.

captain lard

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 12:52:06 am »
Without this forum and the info on trad methods I would not have been able to begin working. Now I am pondering a WFP option not because of influence but because I realise the benefits it can offer.This forum to me specifically is an outstanding source of knowledge and information.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 06:09:18 am »
Yep, a great deal of infuence for me too, just because I've been going 23 years doesn't mean there isn't lots more out there to learn.
Supliers, dog earing, microfibre cloths, trade shows, WFP, chemicals, poles, and all sorts of different equipment and opinions....
Not forgetting pricing and the kind of expectations you can expect from the job.

On some things it has changed my perspective, so yep, it's had a fair old influence on me...

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

brett walker

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 08:58:21 am »
my wife says definately, ::) :-X ;D im always on the forum and it has enabled me to buy some good equipment without this forum and the guys on it i wouldnt be as advanced with wfp as i am today. 

Anyone going to the show at Blackpool?

Brett

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 08:17:21 am »
I would say its close to 100% for me. Everything I now know can be traced back one way or another to this forum. Of course I have built on it myself since but its all started from here.