This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Help with a quote please (large pics)
« on: April 12, 2007, 01:49:12 pm »
Hi,

I have just been asked to quote for this building and wondered what prices you guys would put in.

This is a canopy at the front (basically the "hardest" part on the whole place), also the windows above and below this canopy:

There are two "walls" of glass like this on the building (see the two floors at the back of the picture). I also have to add a separate price for cleaning the inside of just these two "walls" of glass:

And altogether there are 117 windows similar to this on the building (not including the windows as seen in the above two pictures): I count as 1 window as the double pane window as you see in the top right of this picture.

What do you guys reckon. Access will be easy all the way around. All the windows are wooden framed with no rubber etc so I think they will clean up really well. I need to put a quote in which suggests a frequency of clean, so let me know what you think for a 6 weekly and a 1/4 year clean.

Thanks for your help guys.

KJG

Re: Help with a quote please (large pics)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 03:00:40 pm »
I'd say there's a good weeks worth of "builders clean" work for 1 bloke from the pics you've shown. Is it inside too? Try for £750 for the builders clean, about £195 for a 6 weekly or £220 for quarterly.

Are you sure you're getting it regularly? Who are you doing the 1st clean for - the builders or the firm moving in? In my experience, builder cleans done for the builder rarely leads to getting the job afterwards. Just something to think about if you're considering a low price for the 1st clean!

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 05:02:18 pm »
Hi,

Are you sure you're getting it regularly? Who are you doing the 1st clean for - the builders or the firm moving in? In my experience, builder cleans done for the builder rarely leads to getting the job afterwards. Just something to think about if you're considering a low price for the 1st clean!

Didn't mention the builders clean!

I asked about the builders clean and he reckons it will be done already by the builders (or someone), which I am glad as I hate doing them.

about £195 for a 6 weekly or £220 for quarterly.

Thanks for the advice, I know I am likely to be up against a lot of other quotes, I always am in this area, companies seem to send guys in from the big cities and pay them £x per hour and charge peanuts for the large contracts......

I really try to sell the personal touch and the fact I am local and already work in the area too on a couple of similar properties.

Any other ideas on prices for a normal clean 6 weekly and 1/4 yearly?

Cheers guys
Steve

S.A.J

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 05:07:56 pm »
6 Weekly £150- 200

Quarterly £250

It looks a nice and easy Wfp job, no more than 1/2 a days work, possibly 3/4s

Stuart
SAJ Window Cleaners Ltd

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 06:52:38 pm »

It looks a nice and easy Wfp job,

Yeah?? So how would you do the canopy and the windows above it? The canopy slopes down towards the building, so the back of it is lower than the front, and the bottom of the windows above it are nigh on inaccessible

Cheers,

Ian

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 07:01:40 pm »
I was thinking of leaning a ladder up against the toughened glass canopy and using the pole to get to the above windows and canopy. May be a bit tough on the old arms but it will have to do!

Colin_Glenn

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 09:55:45 pm »
Is it a flat roof above the canopy? you could try doing the windows above the canopy from above with a short WFP. By above I mean the roof.

There aren't many windows there to clean so it could be less stress on the arms than the ladder against the canopy idea.

Colin
Transparent Weather Exclusion Systems Technician.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 10:17:41 pm »
If it`s the type of glass that your saying you could lay 4 scaffold boards on the building side of the roof and move them along gradually,a sheet or old carpet would stop you scratching the roof underneath them.A builders clean i would quote £800-£950 and a regular clean i would quote £300.