This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

LEADED/ REMOVAL
« on: April 11, 2007, 09:23:39 am »
Hi,

I had a call this morning for a regular clean on a guys house.. but has asked me to remove the lead from the upstaurs first as he cant get up a ladder.... how do i remove the glue under the lead ? has anyone else had to remove the lead?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Gary.

007 or what

Re: LEADED/ REMOVAL
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 09:29:07 am »
Never heard of that b4  :-\
lots of soapy water and a scraper  price well

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 04:39:03 pm »
Soapy water, scraper, elbow grease and patience.  Don't promise the best results either.

Simon

colley614

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 04:46:45 pm »
You will have to give about4 times what it usually takes to do that, it sounds a lot of scrapping and rubbing.

macmac

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 06:09:44 pm »
sorry to go off the subject gaz but how did you get on with screwing the two angle adaptors together to make a goosneck??

tony

twt

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 06:43:16 pm »
done this before on two upstairs windows and a downstairs bay took about an hour. Peel off the lead (that should be easy) then use a scapper to take the glue off. Take lots of scapper blades and a some plasters if your clumbsy.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 07:42:44 pm »
Gary.. Get yourself some Tar & Glue Remover and stick some in a spay bottle..
Just spray some on the glass and leave for around 5-10 mins and just wipe the glue off with a rag then clean the window your normal way its that easy  ;D..
Ive done 3 of these types of jobs and it was a doddle but the worst part is getting the lead off, it seems to come off in bits rather than a nice long lengh  :-\..
This is where i get my Tar & Glue Remover from..

http://www.smarter-world.com/viewproductdetail.asp?id=8&Group=6

Bazz...

geefree

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 03:54:24 pm »
thanks to you all for your helpful answers.. Baz that seems to be the easiest way,

thanks.

Mac, yes i did it, and it works a treat thanks again.

Gary.

petski2

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 07:21:02 pm »
Eyup Gazza,the lady that wants the lead removed rang me (prompted by you cheers) ;)
We are gonna go quote on Monday.
Did you give her a price.
She also wants a regular window cleaner,do you clean any in that area.
Cheers mate

Pete.

geefree

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 09:51:21 am »
yes i do the area  pete,.. after i posted my last one we had  some personal issues and i had to tell her i could not do it... but i hope you did not mind me passing your number on.... i was aware she wanted them cleaning regular but i had to pass the quote on .. so glad you could help her pete cherrs mate.

gary

petski2

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 11:15:06 am »
How about we do the lead removal then you take on the regular clean as its a bit out of our way.