This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris Cottrell

Re: 38ft-45ft Poles
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 04:59:29 pm »
think it was your profile but anyway 07900 32 32 31

Chris

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 08:19:28 pm »
Alex you got mail

bertbrown

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 10:26:30 pm »
hi ,

the guy in hamilton gives you two strong/super stiff sections and a spare extension ,with his package he also isulates them , it a brilliant deal !!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 07:05:11 am »
Problem with insulation with top or just bottom is that you will probably hit the lines mid way up. The Zensor flex is a non conducting glass fibre, the bigger sections will interchange with a carbon fibre somewhere along its length so you can put one piece of the Zensor midway in a couple of different positions as a "spacer" I had them tested, they are non conducting to 10000 volts.
Super stiff top sections still cost lots of money when you need to replace them. If you use the No3 or No4 section of the Zensor or any other glassf section as a shoulder or collar they spread the load onto the c/f and only cost £18.99- £25 to buy another complete pole to use as replacement sections. Having said that in 13 months I havent managed to break one theose glass fibre sections- yet  :)

Alex Gardiner

Re: 38ft-45ft Poles New
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 08:10:50 am »
The subject of insulation is an interesting one.

We insulate our bottom section because we are retailing and want to show that we have taken practical steps to make our product 'user- safe'.

Tucker poles, Brodex Pro-long poles, Omnipole Power-poles etc., all are fully conducting (being aluminium) and no one ever seems to have a problem with them.

I personally use a Super-Lite™ with no insulated section as all of the commercial jobs I do have no over-head electricity cables (all legally have to be underground nowadays). I have however worked in a thunderstorm and watched the lighting getting closer and at a certain point had to stop work until the lightning had passed over.

An interesting point with even fibreglass poles is that if the brush head was wet and the pole was wet, would it conduct electricity down to the user? I think so, so in a thunderstorm it would be most unwise even to use a fibreglass pole as chances are you would still get fried! The same would apply with high voltage power lines as how often are your poles bone dry?