This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

easy clean

deleting customers on george.
« on: March 30, 2007, 10:27:27 pm »
how do you delete customers? when i click on old customers it doesn't give me the option to delete them.

can anybody help?

many thanks jon

Chris Cottrell

Re: deleting customers on george.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 10:29:55 pm »
you need to delete ALL of the customers history first it wont delete anyone withany past transactions

Chris

Chris Cottrell

colley614

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 11:01:15 pm »
Whats george?

dave0123

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 11:18:36 pm »
Thing is easy clean..

If you delite all the history of a customer that will remove all the payments making ur books not stright?? is that true?  ???

Dave
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 11:50:56 pm »
Dont think you can do anything mate!!

I spose you could delite them all after 5 years and   something! carnt remember exact but for how every long the revenue say u need to keep your records for!

but i wouldnt worry about it there just moved to the complete list...

Dave
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 11:52:14 pm »
oh BTW

If you do a restore of george from your backups you can bring all those customers back  ;D

Dave
Dave.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 11:56:20 pm »
Then mark them as completed or suspended
Sussex by the sea

dave0123

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 12:11:00 am »
have they just been moved somewhere else then? after deleting history i deleted customer and comfirmed it.

last back up was done at end of jan, don't fancy doing 2 1/2 months worth of updating, it drives me mad as it is?

I NEED A SECRETARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

lol.. you should back up all the time m8 i do... use there internet backup for 12.00 a year or use a Flash drive!! worth it.
Dave.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 12:27:23 am »
How many did you delete? because you could add them again and mark them down at each date you did them, guess it would be easier to remember if they are on a run of work.
Sussex by the sea

Londoner

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 07:39:02 am »
First of all let me agree with you about the number of customers who mess you about or drop you for no good reason. I am glad its not just me that gets it, I was starting to think it was personal.

What I do is set them to "completed" and then they don't appear any more. You still have the option of reinstating them at some time in the future should they come back again.
After a while your closed file becomes a black museum of dodgy customers and time wasters, so much so that its quite entertaining to look back on.

George Systems

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 08:08:06 am »
Hi

Unless you change the System Settings, George backs up your data every time you close it down. The "Do you want to backup to another drive" message just allows you to make another copy to a removable drive.

Install the Data Restore program from our Downloads page and run it. I think you will find you have a lot of backups...

Paul

Davie T

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 08:43:54 am »
In George, what I do with a customer I no longer deal with is to use the option "Suspend" and then delete the actual cost of the clean making it a zero cost.  You can always extract the actual cost etc from "History" option if you wish to do so later.  You will the be able to find the customer in the "Jobs Suspended" option and by showing a zero balance, I presume this does not have any bearing on the calculations used on round valuation.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 09:00:30 am »
Paul,

Give us a clue how to delete old customers from the round and any round calculations but to leave thier work and payment history intact for accounting purposess.

And....
If I play about with my unregistered copy, to test it out, can I completely clear it out and start again?

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

marc

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 11:44:44 am »
just like a happy family on here ha ha

George Systems

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 02:02:05 pm »
Hi

If you delete things they are gone forever - that's why the Delete button disappears when the Job has a history. You can delete the history if you really want to - but it's not something most people want to do.

If you want to keep the details of the earnings and payments. just mark the Job as Complete or Suspended - it will disappear from the WorkList and the main Jobs list but it will still be available if you need to do the Job again.

It all depends what you want to do..

Paul