This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris Cottrell

Carbon Pole Base sections
« on: March 30, 2007, 04:09:06 pm »
My local Fishing sports goods shop has some Carbon pole base sections going cheap They are "infinate" sections made by Garbolino 1.8m in length
These are brand new
He has 4 in stock
These are not selling because of the change in the rules concerning the max length that can be used
The diameter of these sections is 42mm

He is asking £50 each for these which is a greatly reduced from the cost that they were brought in at

Chris

Jeff Brimble

Re: Carbon Pole Base sections
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 06:57:14 pm »
Cheshire fishing are selling the "executioner" while stocks last for £30 if you are right about the competition length then there will be a few more makes and bargains soon. However because they are from a 9 section pole instead of a 10 section the extension sections are weaker and have more "give"

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 07:23:30 pm »
Jeff you may be right about these sections the guy was going to sell these on ebay but had not got round to it and also had not thought that there may be another use for them other than fishing
I however know very little about these poles I was very chuffed to get my 16m pole for £250, it was £100 off his marked price because i didnt want the top 3 sections which he kept and knocked off the price

Chris

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 07:35:43 pm »
I am really not trying to sound smug so dont take this the wrong way.

It sounds as if the regulations have been altered and thats good news for us while stocks last.
3 weeks ago I bought an executioner and 5 extension sections in my attempt to get to 80ft. Its a very interesting 9 section spiral wound pole. I paid £179 for it without the top sections but including one extension section. The extensions as I said were £30 each instead of the £50 for my  Map F16 sections. However the Garbollino extensions have a bit more give when you are trying to go higher than the F16 (as does the rest of the pole).

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 07:43:11 pm »
Jeff the Map F16 is the one I bought the extra "infinate" sections were also in the shop but not the ones i got, £30 for the extra sections sounds excellent I was told the extra's were £55 or so , where did you get yours from?

Chris

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 08:03:14 pm »
www.cheshirefishing.co.uk click rods/poles
The Map extensions are £50. The garbollino are £30

The Map extension fits into the Garbollino but the sad bit is that the Garbolino extn wont fit into the Map extension.

Its down to the mandrel diameter and taper that each manuf uses to make the turned pole.
The only way of using the garbolino with the map is to get a No9 Garbollino section (the 13m one) this will fit into a Map extension then you add Garbollino extensions.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 08:10:44 pm »
£250 for the F16 is a good price its predecessor was the Leeda blue diamond which was made on the same mandrel as the F16 I paid £200 second hand a year ago. The manuf. always bring out a new "this years model" must have fishing pole and usually rename it and increase the price accordingly. Thats the time to buy up older stock pole bargains.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 08:18:33 pm »
Jeff with the F16 in mind how many xtra base sections get me to 60' , How many did you use for 80' and how'd you get on with it?

Chris 

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 08:52:43 pm »
Well depending on how you fit your brush the F16 is usually a 13 metre pole that comes with a 14.5m and a 16m extension section as standard which is your 16m pole. Cut down with the brush fitted gives you about 40-42ft useable length.
So to get to 60ft, you need an extra 20ft ech section is about 65" 16.5cm useable, so you would need 3@5.5ft =16.5ft or 4@5.5ft =21ft which gives you either a 56ftish or a 61ftish and also a bit more if you stretch, and you can stretch right up to shoulder height, cause they are light.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 09:11:57 pm »
jeff in your opinion is just a screw end enough or do you use a gooseneck?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 10:00:27 pm »
Cant help you there as I have only ever done it one way, I immagine that P Bowen on the other topic is putting the  smaller section inside a larger section and sliding it down to the end to get the double reinforcement. It does mean that you dont have to buy anything else.
Here is a poor quality pic of a st connection with no goose neck.
I don like goose necks    and prefer an unger angle joint ,and have lately been pleased with cutting off the broom holder completely and fitting this onto the end of a strong glass fibre section which then slides over your F16 section., which allows the brush angle to be infinetely changed.
For this assume the unger elbow is not in the pic and the unger handle push fits on the glass fibre section, this allows you to instantly remove the brush and use it in your hand. Or change the angle for cills.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 10:12:03 pm »
Thanks jeff I'm filling up with ideas for this weekend now

Chris

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 10:14:34 pm »
Watch out or your brain wont switch off tonight  ;D

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 10:16:08 pm »