This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rob_Mac

Pressure switch for flojet pumps?
« on: March 30, 2007, 10:38:42 am »
As of this morning I have four Flojet pumps that I presume the pressure switches have failed on.

I know Cleantech supply the switch for the Shurflo pump but does anyone know who supplies for Flojet.

Rob ;D

Alex Gardiner

Re: Pressure switch for flojet pumps?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 11:27:47 am »
Did all four fail at once?  What are the pumps doing?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 11:37:07 am »
No Alex

Ive had two in a box for about 2 years - they had packed up after about a year or so.

I have a shrflo one that was from a carpet cleaning machine - sold as seen - with machine.

The last one was working fine on the last clean yesterday but the lads have put it on this morning and nothing at all.

I have tried the latest one on 3 different batteries - it is definately the pumps.

Have ordered 2 Shurflo pumps with Saturdaay delivery from Purefreedom but I would like to replace the switches or at least try and save one or two of them.

They are getting a hammering every day - with our work load but I would have expected a bit more from them.

When I pulled a couple apart there doesn't seem to be that much to go wrong with them, other than the switch.

Rob ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 12:03:13 pm »
A simple way to test that it really is the pressure switch, is to unscrew the terminal cover and remove the two spade terminals and touch them together with the pump on. If the pump now runs you have isolated the problem as the pressure switch.  Put the two spade terminals back on, now try adjusting the crosshead screw that is between the two terminals, undo it an eighth of a turn with the pump switched on to see if the spring had become stuck.  This sometimes will allow a stuck pressure switch to start working again.  If none of this works you can remove the pressure switch and check for any particle blockage. If all of the above fails, you need replacement pressure switches!  Most of us WFP suppliers stock these items.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 02:27:35 pm »
www.dualpumps.co.uk are the Flojet suppliers

Rob_Mac

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 09:44:08 pm »
Thanks for that Alex _ will check tomorrow.

Cheers Jeff

Rob ;D

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 05:25:16 am »
I buy small pumps without the pressure switch, its not needed if you use an external by pass. They now produce models with an internal by pass.
Dual pumps can  renovate old pumps if you send them in, new comm or whatever.