This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brett walker

Microbore or Minibore
« on: March 29, 2007, 11:29:39 pm »
Hi all

which do you prefere microbore or minibore?  I was talking to Macc at the nec and he was telling us microbore was the best saving water and time, just looking at getting a van mount for my new van and want to start getting the equipment ready in the next few months

cheers  :)

Brett

NWH

Re: Microbore or Minibore
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 11:33:13 pm »
Microbore is the daddy of hoses,you couldn`t kink it if you wanted to.And even if it does bend slightly it`s not enough to stop the flow of water.

JM123

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 12:01:55 am »
we've found that if you are using 50metres then go for the microbore - if you're using more than that then go for the minibore.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Ian_Giles

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 05:58:07 am »
I use 100m of microbore with a 100psi flojet.
Brush's have two 2mm needle jets.
Pole hose has inline valve to control flowrate.

Microbore is the version that Gardinerpoles supply.

Perfection all round...really.

Most of the time I need to turn the flowrate down slightly and the pump doesn't falter or stutter.
I can't compare the 100psi flojet to the 100psi shurflo so I don't know if the result would be the same with one of those, the Flojet is the more expensive of the two pumps, but but so far I've been dead impressed ;)

If I leave the flowrate at it's maximum, and aim the water jets into thin air, I have 2 streams of water shooting well over 10ft, maybe 15ft plus and that has to be enough water for anyone.

Prior to microbore I had 100m of normal garden hose (tricoflex) and a 60psi pump. (shurflow)
Jets on brush were two fan jets.
I always had the pump on maximum, with the micro bore setup I currently have I am saving at least 25% (or more probably) on the amount of water I'm using everyday.

I cannot comment on the performance of different makes of microbore, it all depends on the internal diameter of the hose concerned.
But with the above setup, 100m of microbore (Gardiners) really is perfect.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 07:41:29 am »
we've found that if you are using 50metres then go for the microbore - if you're using more than that then go for the minibore.
Does the psi of the pump alter this at all?  i.e. can you get away with more than 50 metres of microbore if you have a 100 psi pump?

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 08:39:00 am »
Does the psi of the pump alter this at all?  i.e. can you get away with more than 50 metres of microbore if you have a 100 psi pump?

shiner,
Really, if you actually need more water at the brush than I do then you must  really use a prodigious amount of water! :o
but as I said in my own reply, a 100psi pump will give you more than enough water with 100m of microbore.
Even at with a pole fully extended at 35 feet.

And you can also do away with the variflo too, it isn't needed.

It has taken me many months to go over to microbore, because I'd heard so many stories about how the flow was just too little with 100m of microbore.

My 60psi pump would cut it, I did try it to begin with, but it just kept cutting in and out.
But with the 100psi flojet it is absolutely the dogs danglies ;)

I have always liked to use a high flowrate, means you can work quicker for one thing, but I operate now with the flow slightly restricted with the current setup, and as the 100psi pump still keeps working smoothly without any cycling or stuttering, even with the flow cut down, it also means I didn't  need to go for the extra expense of a variflow or ecoflow.

Maybe I'll try and do a little video clip to show what I mean....

Or even a couple of still pics!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 08:47:27 am »

shiner,
Really, if you actually need more water at the brush than I do then you must  really use a prodigious amount of water! :o
but as I said in my own reply, a 100psi pump will give you more than enough water with 100m of microbore.
Even at with a pole fully extended at 35 feet.

And you can also do away with the variflo too, it isn't needed.

It has taken me many months to go over to microbore, because I'd heard so many stories about how the flow was just too little with 100m of microbore.

My 60psi pump would cut it, I did try it to begin with, but it just kept cutting in and out.
But with the 100psi flojet it is absolutely the dogs danglies ;)

I have always liked to use a high flowrate, means you can work quicker for one thing, but I operate now with the flow slightly restricted with the current setup, and as the 100psi pump still keeps working smoothly without any cycling or stuttering, even with the flow cut down, it also means I didn't  need to go for the extra expense of a variflow or ecoflow.

Maybe I'll try and do a little video clip to show what I mean....

Or even a couple of still pics!

Ian

I do work with a highish flow rate Ian - though I've never measured it.  My van mount has a 100 PSI pump so it sounds like microbore sometime in the near future.  My half inch tricoflex is starting to look a little worn in places.  The other reel of tricoflex has about 43 metres of hose opn it as I had to cut a load off wjhere it split a few months back.  I think the other may be going the same way.  I don't like ditching things till I've had full use from them (you should see my socks LOL).

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 08:56:48 am »
Hi Brett.

It was good meeting you mate.

Microbore is great, i reckon it saves me about an hour a day & saves at least 40% may be more in water a day.

I would go with a 100 psi pump with a varistream. I'll have a look inside the varistream & see what setting i have mine on & the flow rate later. You may need to adjust a little to how you like but at least it will be close.

All the best mate.

Macc

brett walker

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 09:59:35 pm »
Thankyou everyone for your replies guys, much appreciated

Brett ;)