This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh

Ahhhh; I've used the spare battery I had, and never did get around to ordering another.

I just plugged it on to charge and the charging light remained green.  I fannied about with the connections and it's still green (though does turn red briefly when I plug and uplug the connections).

I've a spare charger, an E-Bay USA backpack charger; but this doesn't have a light on it, telling me whether it's charging on not; the battery could be fine; and it could just be the charger and it may work.

But I won't find out till I'm working tomorrow and the battery runs out of charge (it was given some hammer today).

Anyway, I need a Shurflo backpack batter and charger ASP.

Who do you reccommend?

Regards,

Tosh.

Majestic

I have used these

http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Backpack_and_trolleys.html

Delivery is next day, I ordered something from them today at 2.30 , they have sent it out all ready . They give you a TNT tracking number to track its progress

ronaldo

Check your mail  ;)
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

AuRavelling79

Tosh if you have a 12v car battery "trickle" charger you can use crocodile clips to connect it direct to your battery terminals. That's what I do.

If you're really stuffed you can borrow my backpack/battery for tomorrow but I'm about 20 miles and two bridge tolls away.
It's a game of three halves!

Tosh

Thank you all for the kind offers of help, including John Jones who phoned me offering his backpack.

I'm not that desperate for it; so I'll be ordering on line.  I'll try John Garnetts link tomorrow; or Cleantech; or both.

I could do with a day-or-two off. ;D

I really hammered my battery today, it's old and I put nearly two-hundred litres through it today.

Anyway, thanks again; what a helpful bunch.  Thankyou.

Majestic

Tosh
If you go onto there web site , click on contact us. You can then fill in the details of what you want. Then they will call you and you can place a order if you want

*foxman

Tosh, pop down to the window cleaning warehouse in Barry it's only down the road from you, we've got new backpack batteries for £15.

Tosh

Tosh, pop down to the window cleaning warehouse in Barry it's only down the road from you, we've got new backpack batteries for £15.

Hi Foxy,

Do you do backpack chargers too?

Jon T.C.

Got my spare battery and charger from Varitech in Plymouth mail order. 01752 263333.

Cheers Jon

at least if your having Fri and Mon off, you can do all those little jobs " Wor Lass " has been trying to get you to do  ;)
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Tosh

Cheers, Jon,

Just what I was looking for.  Most of the links here sell batteries, but no mention of chargers.  I'll phone 'em tomorrow morning.

My battery might be charging okay with my US E-Bay charger, but since there's no LED light on it; I'm not sure if it is or not.

I'll go to work with it, and if it conks out, I'll get my trusty ladders out and try not to fall off 'em.

*foxman

Hi Foxy,

Do you do backpack chargers too?

We do. Whether we've got one in stock is another matter, i can't check untill i'm back in tommorrow. If you do come down, we've got a new carbon fibre pole which we want to get feedback on, you can have a look and tell us what you think.

Tosh

If you do come down, we've got a new carbon fibre pole which we want to get feedback on, you can have a look and tell us what you think.

Foxy,

I hate driving; especially when I can get stuff posted to me.

Why don't you send me the pole and I'll give you some feedback via this site.

Obviously if the pole is good, it'll be good feedback; so you get some free impartial advertising and I get a free pole? ;D

(a shy child gets nowt)

P®oPole™

Go down to the w/c warehouse mate, and open that rusty wallet of yours ;D

I would love to live close enough to go shopping in the warehuse. I would be like a child in a sweet shop, Buying every unger gadget, every colour micro-fibre and spending hours checking out all there poles and stuff.

Plus the chaps who run and work there are really nice guys. will be placing an order myself next week.

Hey tosh, I thought you had two backpacks anyway mate?

ProPole

*foxman

Hey Al, great to meet you at the CS. Done a great job on the DVD, (watched it through tonight) you going to Blackpool?

D.Salkeld_Ltd

Tosh,

Is there a Maplins near you?

If so go and get one of these

www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=33070&doy=29m3

And

www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&DOY=29m3&ModuleNo=27088&criteria=
The 7ah one £26.

And

www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=37279&doy=29m3

I had all sorts of battery probs when I first got my Backpack (a year ago).  Now got 3 batteries and one of these chargers and a battery tester and no probs.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

groundhog

I buy my batteries from a local independent hardware store for about a tenner, and got a simple charger for less than a fiver. :)

groundhog

Great post Foxman! ::) Just because your batteries are overpriced!!! ;)

P®oPole™

Hey Al, great to meet you at the CS. Done a great job on the DVD, (watched it through tonight) you going to Blackpool?

Hi Steve,

Likewise it was a pleasure meeting you and your colleagues at the show. I have nothing but good things to say about you guys at the Window Cleaning Warehouse.

I love my rojak, thanks for doing me a little deal. I doubt I will be at blackpool its a little bit out of my neck of the woods. However I havent ruled it out yet.

Regards
Alex

Tosh

Got my spare battery and charger from Varitech in Plymouth mail order. 01752 263333.

Cheers Jon

at least if your having Fri and Mon off, you can do all those little jobs " Wor Lass " has been trying to get you to do  ;)

Jon,

Thanks, Varitech were on the ball.  The battery and charger should be arriving tomorrow!

I'm having a day off today; shame really since I was on for a top week (top day yesturday too; which is why the battery knackered I think).

Thanks!