This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shammy davis jnr

the new ergolite 2 pole
« on: March 29, 2007, 11:04:51 am »
did any one see these at the cleaning show and what did u think  and are they real pricey our not bad valou for money how much would you say the 60 ft one is 
tryed on the web but could not find them  so come on guys inlighten me  lol
cheers davis

Jeff Brimble

Re: the new ergolite 2 pole
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 01:49:53 pm »
They have put more carbon in them to make them the stiffest poles compared to the competition and showed comparison pics of the competition which where eye openers.The clamps. Each pole section is also slightly tapered at the base (clever) to sove wear problems and stop them coming apart when extending. They are the same weight as previousergo poles.
Apart from not reducing the wait they seem to have solved any other criticism.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 03:34:32 pm »
so jeff i take it you were well impressed then mate and are they exspensive

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 08:32:30 pm »
The old one was £1k not sure of the new price. I needed a 60 for  job and that was the only option 2 years ago. I had good service from the one I had but have just sold for a bargain £450.
I did like the new redesign with the conical base ends and shouild last for years. I also liked the new alu pole from Brodex for low work and the 24ft facelift.
But as you may  know I am a fishing pole fan.
Note Carbon fibre poles generally will not drop their new prices because of the world shortage.

*foxman

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 08:49:55 pm »
i think the new ionics pole is about £1700 plus. i wouldn't take much notice of the comparision pics as you can make anything look bad if your motivated! The tapered base has been around for a while there are a couple of poles with that design which have been around for a while. The weight is not an issue, the more ridged a pole is the easier it is to use. It looks a good pole, its a little early to find anything any faults.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 08:54:01 pm »
Not sure I agree about the pics thing, I took some comparison of the ungeralu ergo and featherlite 4 months ago, they are difficult to fiddle.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 09:13:30 pm »
I agree but they didnt actually criticise or do anything just left a book of pics and left the viewer to make their own mind up. Any other supplier could and should do the same.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 09:52:52 pm »
i know what you mean its like. is a bmw realy built beter than a bentley ,
most people know what a bently is just by lookin
but will actually buy a bmw becase they can aford it  i know if i spent over a grand on a pole i would be frightened to use it in anger  ........
imagine the door getting shut buy a freak gust just as you are loading it in to your van and crack
i would be frightened to look
it happened to a salmon rod off mine once 450 quid gone in two seconds and fifty  f,,ks
i could have repaired it if it were a glass fiber rod but with carbon its game over

NWH

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 09:57:56 pm »
Carbon rods can be repaired,i snapped my top section on my superlite and repaired it with super glue.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 10:13:39 pm »
Here is who the trade uses for repairs.
http://www.polerepairs.co.uk/

Paul Edwards

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 09:22:34 am »
i think the new ionics pole is about £1700 plus.
That's the e2+, the e2 is 5% more than the old ergolites and the old ergolites are 20% less than they used to be
**aka Ionic Systems**