This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cybersye

Re: Look at this idiot!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 10:20:18 pm »
I seen a guy that used to clean the big victorian houses around our town. I seen him one day climbing off the top of the ladder on the second floor into the recessed window ledge. So I went over and had a chat with him and he was a friendly guy. I found out he hadn't been doing it long and his friend had give him a few days training and then rented him the round. So I recommended him not to leave the top of a ladder at that height unless it was safe to do so. Anyway I was visiting my Nan in hospital a few months later and who should I see but the same guy in a wheel chair leg in bits. I felt really sorry for him.

Wish he had listened to my pounds worth of free advice.     

thats just the point I was trying to make, you can but try eh?

tacky

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 10:26:47 pm »
what some people wii do for a few quid

markybop

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 10:28:48 pm »
or 4 or 5....

still not worth it though!
splish-splash....give me the cash!

Trevor Knight

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 01:56:59 pm »
how did the majority of windows get cleaned 20 years ago and even further back? risk taking
Times have changed, H&S , ladders at hight regs , wfp etc.

I'm just a bit fed up with the constant bashing.
No one wants to read of another fatal accident or loss of earnings due to a severe fall.
Simon

Hi Simon,

The remarks regarding this type of incident i am sure is not directed at you personnally, but you have to agree, what they are doing is stupid to be fair??

These are exactly the reasons why we are getting all this WAH directives being thrust at us, nothing to do with water shortages but SAFETY!

I have used ladders for many many years before WFP, however, I never stood on a conservatory roof like that, nor did I balance like the other window cleaner? yes, I have fallen off a ladder before, but am glad to say that was due to overstretching and also putting my ladder on a pvc sill? lesson leart quickly!

Take both photos and lets be honest, either of them fell and they would be both in deep S**T!! No one, myself included, want to see anyone getting hurt. Its just frustrating when you see images like this that really are going to hit the papers as they will be serious accidents and again this will give the government jobbies more reason to hit us harder still!!

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 03:59:06 pm »
I've personally never done number 1 as that is just plain stupid, but I must admit I've been caught out on a number 2 a few times (picture 2). 

I don't encourage it but I think if you do something silly like this then you are more alert and therefore less likely to fall.  Best way of avoiding the accident is not to do it in the first place.  I've fallen twice from a ladder and both times it wasn't over reaching, just slippery ground.

Maybe best way of avoiding the accident, don't climb a ladder.  :oDid  I say that.

Simon

Dean Aspects

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 04:23:38 pm »
standing on glass is just an accident waiting to happen
have to admit in my ladder days have done the standing on ledges sills etc always thought i was safe but when you see a picture like that makes my heart miss a couple of beats
we all learn eventually or maybe he /they are like i used to be just need to be told or shown what they are doing wrong
a near miss or a fall soon makes you think again

Dean Aspects

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 04:26:39 pm »
I've personally never done number 1 as that is just plain stupid, but I must admit I've been caught out on a number 2 a few times (picture 2). 

you should go see a doctor
geting caught out doing a number 2 can be embarassing ;)

Tosh

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 04:49:37 pm »
Both guys are thick as two-short-planks.  Okay, I've done some daft stuff; had one fall; but I've not done as anything as stupid as the pictures shown on this post.

I honestly feel sorry for these guys; they've got to be desperate to earn a few pounds to do stuff like this.

simon knight

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 05:11:23 pm »

You'd think the guy in the 1st picture would at least have the common sense to stand on 2 panes and spread the weight a bit. I wonder if he walked on the glass all the way up or did he do a balancing act on the beams. Either way he's got more balls than me.

ac_cleaning

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2007, 05:31:07 pm »
What is wrong with people is their life only worth a few quid working like that.No wonder we have WAHR with these type of idiots about.
al

dai

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 09:43:41 pm »
Unbelievable, No wonder AXA insurance pulled the plug on personal accident insurance for window cleaners. I can't understand the property owners allowing anyone to walk on their glass roof. Let alone understand the idiot that's doing it. dai