This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

advanced

water bans
« on: March 27, 2007, 06:42:18 pm »
Hi  i know that there will be no water ban this year but  i am still  a bit nervouse
for the future, these water companies have us  by the cahonas.
We should strike them before  they get us.

a. we have health and safety on our side

b. if they ban the use of non essential use  then they should ban  ie  coca cola and such like from using water  other wise we could use the argument that we are  being discriminated against.

c . european law  states that every man has the right to work and make a living.

we should fire some warning shots at  those who are playing god wiyh our livli hood

Sir Squeaky

Re: water bans
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 06:55:02 pm »
c . european law  states that every man has the right to work and make a living.
If that's the case they'll never be able to stop you using ladders.

matt

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:03:15 pm »
who said we wont have any water bans ?? ?? ?? as thats wrong

watch the news in about 2 months time

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:06:22 pm »

So what if there are water bans?....You guys don't clean peoples windows with a garden hose...do you???

EasyClean

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 07:06:41 pm »
I suffer from chronic arthritus and would not be able to revert back to using ladders end of story. If I had to stop using WFP then basically I would be forced out of a job. What I would like to know is who and where would I have to take my case to because I have exceptional circumstances because of my health.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

NWH

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 07:09:58 pm »
Don`t panic cos i don`t think it will come to that,they never stopped us last year.

EasyClean

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 07:16:53 pm »
I would still like to know where I can appeal if I'm forced out of a job before it ever possibly happens. Prevention is better than cure!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 07:44:06 pm »
If that's the case they'll never be able to stop you using ladders.

I agree with Squeaky  :o.

If it is a sole trader he knows the risk & if he goes up a ladder & comes off his loss even if he ends up in a wheel chair, no claim on anyone.

But if he is employed regulations are good.

Macc

Trevor Knight

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 08:30:34 am »
The ban would not hold up for window cleaners.

Lets face it, if they concentrated on mending all the leaks in this country we would be millions of gallons a year better off and we wouldn't be in this situation.

To penalise 1 trade would be ridiculous and laughed out of court!

What about Car Wash machines, Pressure washing companies, Wheelie Bin Cleaning, Portable Swimming pools in back gardens etc..... the list is endless.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 08:32:31 am »

What about Car Wash machines, Pressure washing companies, Wheelie Bin Cleaning, Portable Swimming pools in back gardens etc..... the list is endless.
Well they'll all get stopped too.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 08:44:04 am »
The ban would not hold up for window cleaners.

Lets face it, if they concentrated on mending all the leaks in this country we would be millions of gallons a year better off and we wouldn't be in this situation.

In view of all the leaks, I'm just very grateful that they don't supply our gas.
Sutton & East Surrey were pretty sparing in their implementation of the drought order but a few more months of dry weather would have seen them banning a load more things.  Car washes in my area shut down if they didn't have a water recycling unit but even with the recycler, they were using around 20 litres per car.
It does leave me wondering if there might be some mileage in investing in a Ionics Pro 10 some time in the future and having a zero reject static unit.  I would feel as if I were being held to ransom at those prices and am left wondering how far the "intellectual property" rules extend.
Although the outlay could be huge, at least the rules would probably still allow a window cleaner with such equipment to continue trading.

JM123

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 12:08:17 pm »
or what about just having a second or third IBC tank in place and make a few thousand litres of extra water before any potential ban comes into effect.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

simon knight

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 02:00:11 pm »

Trevor has hit the nail on the head! If and when there's a ban it'll be for non-essential usage. If somebodies livelyhood depends on using water then it's use  IS ESSENTIAL  and therefore falls outside of the ban.

Now please stop fretting over something which for window cleaners is a non-event.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 02:08:14 pm »

Well they'll all get stopped too.

Yeah right, next you will be telling me we will only be allowed 1 cup of tea a day to save water!
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

advanced

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 09:11:25 pm »
 i guess we will  just sit  pretty till it all starts again  when thre is little rain in the winter.