This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Help with a commercial price
« on: March 26, 2007, 04:26:50 pm »
Hi Guy's need help with a rough  price on a builders clean for a small hotel

sorry guy's I have no pictures  ::)

(External) No wfp work involved all Trad work.
(Internal all Trad work.)

the windows are the small 4 pane type and there are 20 of them, the price is for inside and outside, there are also 8 internal doors and 2 external to be done both sides.

I have already given a quote but just need to see if I have over priced, looking at the job it will take 1 guy a full day with all the c**p  on the windows.

Many thanks in advance for your help guy's.

S.A.J

Re: Help with a commercial price
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 04:32:00 pm »
Hard to say without pics

But:

If it will take a day then i would go for £250-£300 for 1 man  for a builders clean.

Am i close Jeff  ???  :)

Stuart
SAJ Window Cleaners Ltd

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 04:36:48 pm »

£250-£300 for 1 man  for a builders clean.

Am i close Jeff  ???  :)

Stuart
SAJ Window Cleaners Ltd

Don't ask why the odd figure but I quoted £245, thought it sounded better than £250 ;D (Just have to leave a couple of doors then :o ;D ;D)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 04:37:37 pm »
Hi Guy's need help with a rough  price on a builders clean for a small hotel

sorry guy's I have no pictures  ::)

(External) No wfp work involved all Trad work.
(Internal all Trad work.)

the windows are the small 4 pane type and there are 20 of them, the price is for inside and outside, there are also 8 internal doors and 2 external to be done both sides.

I have already given a quote but just need to see if I have over priced, looking at the job it will take 1 guy a full day with all the c**p  on the windows.

Many thanks in advance for your help guy's.

I suppose that whatever you would normally expect to earn in a day plus 50% to allow for it being really hard graft and to allow for you being too optimistic about how long it will take.
A scratched glass waiver might be an idea if it's a builder's clean.
I'm hesitant abot pricing without a picture and apart from that, none of us have identical expectations of income.

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 04:49:58 pm »

I suppose that whatever you would normally expect to earn in a day plus 50% to allow for it being really hard graft and to allow for you being too optimistic about how long it will take.
I'm hesitant abot pricing without a picture and apart from that, none of us have identical expectations of income.

I Did spend 1 hour checking for scratched or damaged windows,  I found one with a small scratch and reported it to the hotel and the builder, non of them seemed concerned  ::)

so the scratched glass waiver thing may be a good idea, any Idea's on the wording of such a form?? This will be ideal, I tend not to trust people who tend to shrug this sort of thing off.
Knowing my luck come hand over time, they find a scratch and try to sting the WC. ::)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 05:46:14 pm »

I Did spend 1 hour checking for scratched or damaged windows,  I found one with a small scratch and reported it to the hotel and the builder, non of them seemed concerned  ::)

so the scratched glass waiver thing may be a good idea, any Idea's on the wording of such a form?? This will be ideal, I tend not to trust people who tend to shrug this sort of thing off.
Knowing my luck come hand over time, they find a scratch and try to sting the WC. ::)

There was a scratched glass waiver somewhere on the forum quite a while back.  I'm not going to look for it myself but maybe the person who posted it will see this thread and post it here.

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 06:08:17 pm »
Thanks Shiner I'll have a look for it. ;)