This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chrismroberts

Selling work
« on: March 23, 2007, 06:36:50 pm »
Hi guys (and gals!)  :)

I was just wondering what your experience of selling work is? A friend of mine had a bad experience selling his work a few months back, so is it a good idea to exchange a contract and payment before introducing a new window cleaner to your customers? I know this sounds paranoid, but I believe you can never be too careful.

I am planning to sell some of my work in a couple of months, and its taken a lot of effort and hard work to get it to the point its at... and I guess I just don't want anything to go wrong!

Chris

colley614

Re: Selling work
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 06:43:50 pm »
Hi Matey,

I totally agree with what you are saying there. I personally wouldn't take anybody around the work I had. You never know what is going through these peoples minds while you are walking them round your work.

Better to be safe than sorry in my opinion.

chrismroberts

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 08:25:00 pm »
Better to be safe than sorry in my opinion.

Definitely! Theres a lot of very unscrupulous people out there, unfortunately :(

Would it be a good idea to base the transaction on a list of work, with the contract stating that it was subject to the work being satisfactory... and then once this was signed, and the money was handed over, the buyer was shown around the work?

Has anyone bought or sold work where this has been the case?

Chris

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 11:04:29 pm »
when i sold my old round to the chap i am now renting work off ( ::) ) he drove me round and i showed him a few of the houses and told him the prices of each, he was impressed and said o.k, he paid me £500 up front and said he would pay me the rest after 1 month of business just to make sure i had given him true customers and also to make sure no one dropped out. A month later he was happy and paid me the rest with no probs :)
when I'm cleaning windows

chrismroberts

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 11:09:38 pm »
I guess thats the best way to do it, its just a friend of mine had a lot of trouble selling his round that way and had to settle for less than he had agreed in the contract.

I know I'd be protected legally, but I would never want to go down that route. I know I probably sound paranoid, but my work is worth a lot, both financially and personally... and I don't wanna be ripped off. LOL.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 04:38:33 pm »
sheepmeister,

Where are you based?? I may be interested??

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

chrismroberts

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 03:15:30 pm »
Hi Trevor

I'm based near Chester. It wont be for a few months yet, but if youre interested I can send you some details?

Chris

colley614

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 07:59:40 pm »
Hi matey,

Is the work anywhere near the Wirral. If so I would be interested. E-mail me and we can sort something out.

Thanks!

chrismroberts

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 10:10:42 am »
Sure thing. Whats your email address? I'm away for a few days but I'll drop you a line when I get back.

Chris

colley614

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 11:35:29 am »
Hi matey,

My E-mail address is colley614@hotmail.co.uk.

Thanks Keith.