Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tatman

facias and guttering cleaning without wfp?
« on: March 23, 2007, 05:21:53 pm »
im getting an awful lot of customers requesting this. Ive done a couple found it really hard off a ladder just used a upvc cleaner and scrims or jay clothes etc. brings it up nice but takes a long time and is really knackering.  Anyone got any tips for this type of work its a shame to keep turning it down :( also what do you guys charge? i charged the last customer £30 for front and back? ???

Re: facias and guttering cleaning without wfp?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 05:44:20 pm »
Hi Tatman.

Get yourself a pole & connect it to the outside tap. Tucker Pole do a wicked little 6in brush which is ideal for gutters & fascias.

Aztec is selling some poles & i'm waiting for him to mail how much he wants for them. I dont want the long pole or detergent bottle as i've already got them but they would be perfect for you. If he is selling for a keen price we could do a deal if your interested.

Macc

tatman

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 06:19:01 pm »
ok mate yea might be?

tatman

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 06:28:31 pm »
hey macc would you need to use pure water or would normal tap water be ok i guess it would? Ive seen domestic water fed systems that attach to taps for around £200 but for just cleaning fasia wouldnt normal tap water be ok.

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 07:02:11 pm »
I connect to outside tap if there is one.

Have you email address or contact number, i think we can do a deal on this between us.

Macc

tatman

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 07:04:23 pm »

drew86

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 07:05:38 pm »
tap water is fine, but you do run the risk of splashing the windows, I always tell the customer this and clean the windows aswell.
Drew.
It was this big.

tatman

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 07:12:56 pm »
what set up do you use drew very interested in this idea. Just for the fasias and maybe con roofs and carry on trad for windows? I saw a domestic wfp for outside tap but really pure waters not needed?

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 07:16:33 pm »
You have mail Tatman

G & M

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 08:00:58 pm »
Hi Tatman, We use ladders as well but the way we do it is with small vikan brushes and a bucket of soapy water, we add a drop of chloros ( farmers use it for sterlising milk lines, others use it for cleaning driveways etc, its a chlorine based bleach ) dont know what it's called in the U.K
Then rinse from the ground with the customers garden hose, a lot easier than cleaning with cloths. We have started using the backpack for some of the work lately and it is a lot faster. Again we add the detergent etc to the backpack and rinse with the customers hose. Needless to say we use telescopic poles for this with a small vikan swivel brush from gardiners.
As for price, well we are the South of Ireland so its hard to compare but your prices seem very low to us considering the amount of work involved and the dirt etc.

drew86

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 08:07:23 pm »
I am wfp but when doing external cleans I just connect my 24ft residential pole to a hose pipe and hosepipe to tap.
As my set up Is micro bore I just have to change the adaptor on the end of my pole to connect to the hose pipe.
When doing these jobs I nearly always get the customer to have the whole house done fascias gutters window frames and cladding If they have it, I wash the whole lot with the tap water then just rinse the glass with pure water, on realy dirty propertys I apply a detergent first with a pump up garden sprayer that I got from bq but generaly the water only method is ok. I also do the same on conservatory cleans. You can make good money doing these sort of cleans. If you dont have wfp it may be worth you investing in a cheap residential pole and cleaning the windows trad. hope this helps mate.
 Drew.
It was this big.

Mr. S

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 12:11:29 am »
I agree G & M, it is cheap! What do you charge? For a normal sized house i charge £25 each side, if it looks very easy i might do both sides for £45.

Tried it off ladders but i now use my wfp, its easier and i havent got to change equipment!

tatman

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 12:27:09 pm »
thanks lads really helpful think ive got a pole, brushes etc sorted and am gonna start connecting to outside hose and see how it goes ;D

aztec

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 01:04:05 pm »
i am going to buy a telescopic lance for my jet wash and try that they are around £150.00 so small outlay and i think that it will do the job nicely from the ground

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 04:14:47 pm »
i am going to buy a telescopic lance for my jet wash and try that they are around £150.00 so small outlay and i think that it will do the job nicely from the ground

I've got one Aztec, super bit of kit. A bit heavy but does the job so quick.

I have the gutter lance & the nozels as well. You can have a look when i come over & have a go to see what you think.

Macc

aztec

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 04:52:30 pm »
thanks mate i will have a test !!