This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TDW

Tucker clamps
« on: March 23, 2007, 11:49:57 am »
At Windex last year Tucker released new clamps on there poles. Does anyone use a tucker pole with the new clamps? Are they any good? Have you had any problems with them?

I'm thinking of getting a new 24 footer and would consider a tucker if the clamps are any good.

cheers

TDW

jakeandmia

Re: Tucker clamps
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 12:02:24 pm »
Hi TDW

I use there poles but with the original clamps and wanted to buy some at the show last week but aafter waiting 25mins to talk to them walked off.They looked fairly rigid and would probably last longer than the usual hand tightened clamps.I would reccommend tucker,my poles are in good nick after 3yrs.Its not just the clamps their brushes are A1 aswell.

wayne

rp cleaning services

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 01:51:55 pm »
i have just bought the pennel clamps for my tucker pole,only bought clamps for 20 foot pole,they are excellant and makes the job so much easier

Count Phil

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 02:33:17 pm »
If you're buying tucker, I just ordered a 25 footer with detergent thingy and it cost £199 inc delivery from the USA. Here its £355 + vat + delivery, so about £430.
The US one doesn't have the new clamps  - but the UK price doesn't include them either - you pay extra for them, so you will still save over 200 quid even after oredering the new clamps from UK. You just have to wait longer to get it.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 03:20:21 pm »
I have a mate who has a tucker 20ft pole with new clamps. 1 clamp broke after a week of use.  Phoned tucker up and they said that these clamps have never broke before that his was the first one.  He had to take the pole back to the factory, a mornings driving for him.  They gave him a new clamp right away

TDW

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 06:45:27 pm »
Thanks chaps.

How much are the clamps and are they simple to fit? and have you any idea how heavy the 25 footer is?

cheers

TDw

rp cleaning services

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 09:01:36 pm »
The clamps are expensive,i bought two which was enough for a 20ft pole and the price was £71+vat,for this price it includes the glue and wipes etc,you have to cut part of the pole off to be able to put the clamps on,dont worry you will not lose any length,is it hard to do,dont know got my neighbour to do mine as i am rubbish at diy.are they worth the money i would say yes as it as made the job easier as it was a pain using the tool all the time.

TDW

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 09:15:38 pm »
I quite like  the tucker pole but thats expensive. Thanks for that info though.