This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TDW

24foot Glass fibre facelift
« on: March 23, 2007, 10:51:14 am »
Anyone have one of these? What they like? How do they compare with a 24foot Universal?

I've heard alot of good things about the bigger CF facelift but was just wondering whether to go for a new 24 universal or a 24 GF facelift. Are they worth the extra money?

Cheers

TDW

Simply Clean Windows

Re: 24foot Glass fibre facelift
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 11:05:01 am »
I have one of the 24ft gf facelift poles,i find it quite heavy and whippy,i changed the gooseneck and brush over for a lighter one,personally i would go for a cf pole,lot more rigid and lighter.
Hope this is some help.
Malcolm

marcus hopkins

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 11:08:47 am »
Will let you know. I have ordered a 34FT facelift carbon fiber pole this morning and a no 4 pole section so as to be able to break the pole to a 24Ft for more general use. But be aware that prices are going up on April 1st so i was informed by facelift this morning. (And there is no april fools joke there). I looked at and handled a 44FT facelift at the cleaning shop NEC last week and was very impressed but the proof is in the daily use of it, so hope i have made a good investment.

Marcus

macmac

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 06:54:51 pm »
marcus
trust me, you've made the best investment, you'll be blown away when you use the pole.

tony

marcus hopkins

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 07:17:16 pm »
Cheers tony, just hope your right :)

Marcus

TDW

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 07:33:44 pm »
Macmac

Whats your view on the gf one at 24 foot?

SHINING EXAMPLE

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 10:18:42 pm »
Ordered a 44ft. carbon fibre facelift yesterday.

Better be as good as macmac says!

Almost a years golf money!!!!!

eddie d

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 11:55:34 am »
buy a 44 fooy and use it for everything .i brake mine down and use it as a 18 .very good as a 18 or 24 bottom section has a small girth as its cf ,but obviously not suposed to use it in this way as if you hit any cables (not likely )yourve had it .one pole in the van is great though ,no tangling pole hoses and much easier getting in /out of the van .

marcus hopkins

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 01:23:34 pm »
buy a 44 fooy and use it for everything .i brake mine down and use it as a 18 .very good as a 18 or 24 bottom section has a small girth as its cf ,but obviously not suposed to use it in this way as if you hit any cables (not likely )yourve had it .one pole in the van is great though ,no tangling pole hoses and much easier getting in /out of the van .

Thats why i bought a seperate no 4 section gf handle. so when i break the pole from 34ft to 24ft i will still be using an insulated pole section. Only cost about 50 quid for the extra section so worth the money.

Marcus

macmac

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 05:54:54 pm »

couldn't agree more, i do exactly the same, one pole does it all & all sections are replaceable so no need to ever buy a whole new pole.

not got any experience with the glass fibre one but i would encourage anybody to pay the extra & go for the carbon one, its a cracker!!

tony

eddie d

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 06:44:33 pm »
not sure its worth bothering with the insulated section .the powerpole is all metal and no one seems bothered .the chance of hitting an overhead power cable are almost 0 unless your poling in a field nexyt to a pylon .the extra thiness of the pole makes rsi less likely .
my mate had  signs of rsi using a fat bottom section.the thinner the better the ergonomics .

macmac

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 07:47:22 pm »
i got an insulated (fibre glass) fourth section thrown in for free direct from facelift when i bought my 44ft carbon as i use it with four sections on 95% of the time. but on the odd occasion i do use it with no glass base section, its no problem, as its common sense not to go throwing a 30-odd foot pole around electric cables.
with four sections on (24ft) its still so light i use it for bottom windows too (retracted of course).

tony

Brewser

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 09:48:44 pm »
Hi,
which suppliers would offer best value for the cf poles and what would be the average cost...are they mega bucks...only i'm a bit on the poor side :'(