This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pub Window Cleaning Prices
« on: March 22, 2007, 12:42:48 pm »
I've just been asked to quote for cleaning some pub windows, all downstairs inside & out on a weekly basis.

How much extra do you guys add on for doing pub windows as I guess they can get pretty grotty (they've been open 1 week and the landlady says they are in a right state already!).

Would you charge 1.5x or 2x your normal price?

Thanks for the advice. ;)

Trevor Knight

Re: Pub Window Cleaning Prices
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 01:24:31 pm »
Charge according to your hourly rate.

The insides will take alot longer as they are likley to get more fingerprints etc....

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

matt

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 01:59:55 pm »
i allways give them a "good earning price" to start, explain that thats for the first clean, the next cleans i will tell them when i do the first clean, then you will know how long it will roughly take ( even with it being a first clean ) and you will be able to price

but dont forget, pubs make a fair whack of money, they can afford it

rennie

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 02:13:29 pm »
if they smoke in the pub i would charge extra because the amount of nicotine etc

Roy Harding

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 02:21:08 pm »
Dont forget smoking in pubic places from aprill in wales will be a no no, so it may not get to bad after first clean.

Roy

LSB

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 02:40:47 pm »
pub window cleaning, was for me at least , a pain in the a!*e , and i dont do any of them anymore!!

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 02:45:14 pm »
Pubs can be quite time consuming because they are full of nicotine and are generally georgians so price accordingly.  If they are gorgians I would get a 6" squeegee and mop!

Shaun R.  :D

Ian_Giles

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 02:55:58 pm »
I do several pubs...about 10 at the last count I think, and sone are georgian too :o

Ouside a doddle because of WFP, but insides quite hard work, however, if done weekly then they are easy, even with Georgian windows.

If monthly they have to be really scrubbed.

After April in Wales, as Roy said, all pubs will of course be non-smoking, I can't wait! will make life so much easier ;)

How much yo ucharge is something else again, I for one do not work off an hourly rate, I find it too limiting, but by and large, where pubs are concerned, charge for double what you would charge for the outside.

But remember to quote as if everything is being done trad, and yes, I know you can't WFP the insides!

I think that with WFP, charging by the hour is more likely to see you charging less than you should.
Count up your windows, break then down into units and charge per unit.

For instance; A standard casement window, one opening light, one fixed pane underneath and one opening pane to the side is what I classify as a single unit, and for which I personally charge between 75p and a £1.00 for.

A standard size georgian window, say, 3 sets of 6 panes of glass I will charge around £1.50 for.

On upstairs work, every move of the ladder counts as 1 window, so £1.50 for a georgian window, and around a £1.00 for a squeegee one.

If you charge per hour you run the risk of only earning the same as you were before (if you changed to WFP) and will be doing more work for the same (or less once proper costing is taken into account) than before!

So if you were charging £1.50 for the outside of a pub window (georgian) then charge £3.00 for the inside and you won't go far wrong at that.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

E.K. W-C-S.

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 06:14:01 pm »
Hi Troops, i do quite a few pubs and always add on a little extra because of insides.But up here in scotland the smoking in pubs has all ready  stopped.
takes you half the time to do them.so dont  under cut yourself and when the ban comes it will be a bonus.