This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

julia

STICKER REMOVAL FROM WINDOWS
« on: March 21, 2007, 07:43:54 pm »
Hi
Can anyone tell me what to use to get sticky stuff off of new glass windows.  I currently use WD40 on a cloth then buff up or white spirit, both of these seem to leave a residue.  Can anyone on her offer any advice please.
Thanks
Julia

H h20

Re: STICKER REMOVAL FROM WINDOWS
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 07:45:57 pm »
Hi Julia,
you are best using a proper scraper with a new blade and plenty of soapy water,it comes off straight away,
Gaz  ;)

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 07:51:47 pm »
acitone if you can get it
if not try nail polish remover make sure its the kind with acitone though

cottonbud10

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 08:08:28 pm »
the best thing i used was,the spray that doudle glazing blokes use for fitting upvc trim,it,s the activator that goes with the glue,,you should get it from any double glazing shop,,simply spray it on the sticker then peel off....simple as that iv,e used it  many times and i know it works.,,,,kev

julia

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 08:19:53 pm »
H Cottonbud
Any idea where I can buy this from retail as I have tried on the internet.
Thanks
Julia

mk1

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 10:05:05 pm »
tar & glue remover i use it all the time  ;) ;) try goggling tudor chemicals  ;) ;) or any decent sign shop should have some.  hope this helps  :)

ok cleaning

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 11:23:48 pm »
 hi julia    try graffity remover it is very good

craig jwc

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 07:27:36 am »
I just use Pure Water and a Scraper.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 07:47:12 am »
Most stickers will come off if just wetted with soapy water and a brand new scraper blade.  However on some builders cleans we do come across stickers that resist even this.  The simple solution that really works is to presoak them with Oilflo degreaser (available from www.wintecs.co.uk ) and then the scraper blade will easily remove even the toughest of adhesive.

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 08:24:35 am »
I can't add more than thats been allready said but just to clarify that a window scraper and soapy window is the best to remove stickers. (and paint for that matter)!

Shaun R.

cottonbud10

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 08:12:47 pm »
julia,look in phone book, and i think you,ll find a double glazing fabricators in your area,you will find they also fit windows as well,and if they do they,ll have all the kit,,failing that when your out and about,if you see some chaps fitting windows then ask them if they would sell you a can of the activator..it will be about £5ish..good luck..kevin

johnm

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 11:46:02 pm »
i have done loads of builders cleans and found out after many that cold water with fairy and a new scraper makes this easier especialy when removing glue let me know how you get on ;) ;)

rosskesava

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 01:08:30 am »
Yup.

A decent scraper with a new blade and Unger liquid or Fairy or similar. I've done loads of builders cleans and have found that for speed and ease...... then wire wool the glass when wet before squeegy'ing.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.