Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Biscute

Setting up you RO unit?
« on: March 21, 2007, 12:03:01 pm »
Hi troops, whats the best whay to set your RO system up for use as a home device going to a storage tank? I thought it was just a simple case of ataching the outdoor hose and away we go, silly me. I have just got a load of instruction and im strugeling throught them but find it hard to read and understand, so could somepne please put it in laymens terms  ;D.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

brett walker

Re: Setting up you RO unit?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 04:04:32 pm »
If its from ro-man the instructions are easy to follow

ive got a 100gpd system from ro-man i have connected it directly to the outside tap using the connector provided all the water pipes are colour coded ive got mine as follows red for waste water green for input water and blue for the pure water .  Make sure youve got a tds meter

best of luck  :)

Brett

Biscute

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 04:56:30 pm »
Thanx brett. I think i have the wires sorted out,its just attaching it to the mains now, mine has a saddel joint that needs to be put throught a pipe, how did you attach it to the tap?
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 04:58:32 pm »
Hi Biscute.

I thought the same as you when i got mine, it done my head in  >:(.

As Brett said. The pipes are all colour coded. Just follow the instructions & you will get there. when its together you will kick yourself cause it is easy, i did.

Macc

Biscute

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 05:12:53 pm »
Cheers mac i have the flow, waist and pure water pipes sorted out now, it like i said  i just dont understand how to get the feed, you say you run it off a tap but mine has a saddle join that needs to pierce a copped pipe.

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 05:25:52 pm »
Same as mine, i put a stop end on the copper pipe, one of those plastic push on jobs. Fit the saddle joint & then wind in the bit that will pierce copper pipe.

Then plastic pipe goes from saddle joiner to Sediment filter.

Dont forget to back flush for 10 mins before you start producing.

Macc

brett walker

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 05:27:35 pm »
Thanx brett. I think i have the wires sorted out,its just attaching it to the mains now, mine has a saddel joint that needs to be put throught a pipe, how did you attach it to the tap?

i didnt bother with the saddle joint i bought the tap connector from ro-man i was a bit shocked to find one isnt supplied with the unit.  If you decide to go for the tap connector make sure when you fit it to your outside tap you use plenty the white plumbers tape as the connectors crack easily. i think we went through a couple of them >:( So i suggest buying a couple i think theyre quite cheap

Brett.

Biscute

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 05:31:21 pm »
owwww! didnt know you can get a tap conector and my outside tap is straight fro the wall no pipe you see. Cheers troops the fog has lifted  ;D

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 05:58:42 pm »
Here it is connected with the saddle joint
Sussex by the sea

Biscute

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 08:02:58 pm »
lol what more can i ask for cheers m8.

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 09:32:46 pm »
Is she up & running mate?

Biscute

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 09:27:23 am »
yep feels like a load off my head now. Im fainaly in the WFP crowd, haha like the in crowd at school.

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 02:32:42 pm »
Well done mate. Dont forget your filters need changing every 3-6 months.

Ive a 300gpd & the 3 filters are only about £30 notes.

Macc

Biscute

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 03:05:06 pm »
Mac whats your tds when your done mine is 013 after that but i also got a di system its going to go through

dave0123

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 03:16:50 pm »
Biscute,

Out of intrest mate what system did you go for in the end?

Dave
Dave.

Biscute

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 03:23:59 pm »
Got a 200g a day RO system and a 16 inch DI unit then a 1ft giberglass pole with 10 or 12 inch cant remmber and a sureflo backpack, I only got that to see how wfp is for me. If i like it then im going to get a trolley and and another backpack. i used purereflection.co.uk and cleantech for the parts and both were great to be honest, i placed my order late monday and had it all deliverd last night and first thing this morning.

dave0123

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 03:31:13 pm »
good stuff m8!

Good  company to deal with then some of there systems look quite cheap.

Dave
Dave.

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 03:55:45 pm »
Mac whats your tds when your done mine is 013 after that but i also got a di system its going to go through

Mine is 005 at the moment, some times its 008.

I di as its pumped out the van & still on same resin 16 months later & still reading 000.

Macc

Biscute

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 04:17:48 pm »
Whats the lowest tdi you can get away with? is it 000 or can it go up to bout 0003 and still be ok ?

peter1

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 05:00:20 pm »
biscute can i ask how much did it cost for you to set up with the backpack