This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pat Purcell

JM123
« on: March 21, 2007, 01:07:32 am »
Jon , There does not seem to be a varistream available in the US
Would you mind explaining to me what exactly it does and what is the actual non brand or technical name for it
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

JM123

Re: JM123
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 01:19:02 am »
Hi Pat, the varistream is produced by an English company called Williamson pumps

www.williamsonpumps.co.uk

the Varistream has a number of functions.

1 - it analyses current draw from the pump, so when you disconnect the pump starts to draw more current (as pressure builds up) and when it sees this it switches the pump off, saving water and battery power as well as making the pressure switch redundant.

2 - it allows the user to slow the pump down to save water, battery power and ultimately extend the lifetime of the pump.

3 - the led on the front signals when the pump is running (constant green light), when the pump is switched off by the varistream (constant red light) and when your battery power is getting low (flashing green light).

Great piece of kit, there is also a cariable resistor located inside the unit to allow you to fine tune when the pump switches off.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Pat Purcell

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 01:27:55 am »
Williamson pumps use it in conjunction with shurflo pumps which are very popular over here  for RV and agricultural applications yet when I google pump controller or varistream or auto compensating pump controller the only hits I get are UK based , Is it purely a UK invention or am I just not inputting the right words

JM123

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 01:52:31 am »
Its purely UK - although getting them sent out wouldn't be a problem - shipping won't be too expensive either.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Pat Purcell

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 02:05:54 am »
Thanks Jon, i was more interested in getting everything I might need over here due to price differences before I move to Ireland but it does seem like a necessity for your pumps longevity so expect an e-mail when I get back there ,
thanks again for the help
Theres an Irish based forum for window and general cleaaning that has a few Irish window cleaners on it who might be potential customers of yours and while I know the forum providers dont like people talking up other forums you may find it benificial to sign in to it

Pat Purcell

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 10:30:24 am »
Would this provide some of the same protection albeit with out the ability to regulate the flow yourself

http://www.shurflo.com/pages/Food_Service/water/categories/accumulators/tanks.html

James Smith

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 12:45:10 pm »
Pat, can you email me a link to that site, I'd like a look.

Cheers

sair

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 06:00:44 pm »
look at the eco flow www.essentiallypure.co.uk
Essentially Pure Ltd