Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rosskesava

WFP versus Traditional
« on: March 21, 2007, 12:35:53 am »
Am I alone?

I look at this part of the forum most nights and it seems to me that if I go by the postings then most window cleaners use wfp.

Around where I live in Brighton most cleaners are still traditional.

Has this part of the forum got swamped by the wfp tidal wave?

Or are the trad w/c's just not bothering to post anything or too embarrised to ask or have they just given up with this forum?

Or does window cleaning issues need to be split into two. Trad and WFP?

Or should it be called WFP cleaning issues and forget traditional style window cleaning.

Cheers
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

James Smith

Re: WFP versus Traditional
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 01:57:36 am »
No, your not alone, I came here looking for trad hints & tips & found wfp.

My experience of cleaning windows is unger gear & poorly prepared scrim on georgian & leaded windows, not great results as you can imagine  :( I know better now.

I'd like more threads on trad cleaning but I'm not complaining either, I reckon this forum is great, opened my eyes big time  :o I'm going wfp & trad  :)

More trad hints & tips would be great though, ie unger vs ettore squeegee/rubber threads with polls etc

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 06:36:55 am »
Guy's

Please ask your questions by posting your questions?

There are hunderds of members and all of use use traditional insides irrespective of what we use outside. A point to note is also most of the WFP brigade, myself included, were traditional to start with. I was traditional for 14 years before switching.

I believe that WFP is more difficult on the seaside areas due to the heavy salt in the atmosphere, I may be wrong, but I think that is what I remember people saying in the past.

Yes there are a lot of people moving to WFP, even squeaky!! There are several reasons and it is down to the individual.

One thing is for sure, remember, ladders are still permitted if not encouraged.

Regards,

Trevor
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

brett walker

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 08:12:15 am »
Trad is quite simple and doesnt come with many problems apart from mastering squeegying correctly

more are changing over to wfp and a lot of people are asking questions looking to change over, wfp comes with a lot more problems but when you have doing it a bit , it becomes quite simple and easy to use

Im sure squeaky will have many questions over the coming months and im looking forward to his comments

i like the forum mixed trad and wfp but i think its time we started looking for squeakys replacement to keep us wfp guys on our toes  ;D

Brett

lucymulligan

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 09:34:03 am »
i wonderd that latley about the wfp guys ... i felt a bit alone here just me and my trad posts about water marks and squeege rubbers
anyway even if i  had all the money in the world i wouldnt change because
A i use less water
b i like the risk ..its a distraction .. im a risky kinda person and once you settle down you stop doing all the tings that give you adrenaline rushes
you might think im a weirdo but when im up a ladder im not thinking about anyone or anything else
LONG LIVE LADDERS
PS no offence to any wfp
better to risk my neck for myself than break my back for some one else !!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 01:27:57 pm »
 ;D sums that up well ;D :-*
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

simon knight

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 01:47:02 pm »
i wonderd that latley about the wfp guys ... i felt a bit alone here just me and my trad posts about water marks and squeege rubbers
anyway even if i  had all the money in the world i wouldnt change because
A i use less water
b i like the risk ..its a distraction .. im a risky kinda person and once you settle down you stop doing all the tings that give you adrenaline rushes
you might think im a weirdo but when im up a ladder im not thinking about anyone or anything else
LONG LIVE LADDERS
PS no offence to any wfp

I'm trad and have discovered that adrenaline is brown ;D

Touch wood the only time I've properly hurt myself is tripping over a sodding plant pot in somebodies front garden. I imagine that tripping over things must be the hazardous side to using wfp....that and hitting an overhead power cable!

Trevor Knight

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 03:05:00 pm »

Isn't that what Theme Parks are for?? Rollercoasters and all that?

Whilst I appreciate you enjoy being up ya ladder the rush of falling off and braking your leg soon takes the element of fun away, I know!!!

I hope you never experience it!

All the best,
Trev

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

lucymulligan

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 03:42:00 pm »
you cant go to theme parks every weekend plus just buying a burger and a drink costs you ten 10 quid.
 :o
better to risk my neck for myself than break my back for some one else !!

tatman

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 04:05:27 pm »
im trad am interested in wfp but quite happy with ladders and squeegy at the moment. Trad cleaning is the norm round here anyway hardly any water stick men. only joking lads ;D theres a market for both eh.

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 05:49:57 pm »
i prefer the brush on a stick with water spouting  out of it.even with salt on the windows its so much easier to clean the windows

mark f

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 06:06:55 pm »
is it quicker???? I dont think so . I use it but im quicker on a ladder. apart from leaded im quicker

telboy

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 06:49:30 pm »
I think Rosskesava is just playing Devils Advocate
there's more posts about WFP because there's more too WFP
Trads been going for years WFP new its bound to generate more interest :D

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 09:04:21 pm »
 ;D wfp still early days,thats why the teenage spots ;D :o :-X
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

dai

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 09:33:29 pm »
Most of us went WFP to make more money. The safety issue was not the reason I switched. Having said that, if my WFP was to break down now, I would rather go home and fix it than get back on the ladders. Dai

neil100

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 09:46:44 pm »
26 years trad, 15 months WFP.

I prefer wfp, I now find it very Therapeutic, Its far more relaxing and pleasurable then bombing up and down a ladder all day long, and did I mention safer.

Speed wise, over a day wfp slaughters trad w/cleaning, you cant compare them, if you find trad w/c faster then wfp then you need to work with a pro who knows what they are doing.

And just to be clear I was rapid Trad. I am built like a greek God and as fast as Linford Christe minus the lunch box.

Money. Money, WFP as allowed me to operate in a diffrent League.

Debate over WFP rules.  Nel ;D ;D :o

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 09:56:09 pm »
I`m built like a Greek God too.

Demis Roussos  ::).

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 10:18:56 pm »
 ;D ESSEX GOD :o ;D
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 10:22:12 pm »

marc

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 10:50:38 pm »
i first came to this site just atfer i went wfp and i would not be without it now marc