This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lucymulligan

mates rates
« on: March 20, 2007, 11:39:20 pm »
should i charge my mates less ? what do you lot charge your mates ?
better to risk my neck for myself than break my back for some one else !!

brett walker

Re: mates rates
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 11:49:26 pm »
Im afraid im a bit ruthless when it comes to mates rates in the past i have done my families and mums windows and charged them full price, :o yes im a tight git ::) thats business but i dont charge my mum now only do them about twice a year though.  Im a big softee ;D

Brett

Pat Purcell

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 11:55:41 pm »
having differing pricing structures is a dodgy game lucy if you want to do your  mates a favor buy them a drink or something
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

lucymulligan

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 11:57:11 pm »
its my freinds round the area i live and i kinda feel there only using me every 4 weeks because they feel they ought to ... i think maybee i should keep em sweet by knocking a bit off ... i dont want them to feel they cant say ... "i wouldnt normaly have them done this often"
all opinions would be appreciated :P

lucymulligan

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 11:58:50 pm »
yeah could do ,,,have to be a cup of tea though  ? we all responcible mothers ...

DASERVICES

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 12:18:45 am »
Lucy charge the same as soon as you get into it you will feel cheesed off at earning low money for your mates. Min price £6.00

lucymulligan

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 12:23:34 am »
guess you gotta be tough in business right !!
i think its just women we say one thing and mean another !

DASERVICES

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 12:49:54 am »
Yip could write a book about it.

What I found when starting I priced low, now I regret it as I have low priced jobs and good priced jobs. Set yourself what you want to earn in a hour, time yourself on your own house so you have a starter. Don't sell yourself too low, just think about your hubby in them situations and just say "NO"  ;D ;D

JM123

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 01:22:29 am »
Lucy, just knock a quid off - if you think they think you're being tight just politely explain to them that they don't go to work and get paid less just because the boss is friends with them.  Business is business, you have to earn money.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Trevor Knight

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 06:38:08 am »
Lucy,

I have asked before but I guess you missed it. Where in Hampshire are you based?

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 07:38:59 am »
Depends how good a mate they are Matey.

Davew

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 07:58:54 am »
No such thing as friends in business. (unless they can provide a favour in return)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 08:09:24 am »
I always charge my price regardless of the customer
biz is biz as they say

Chris

ac_cleaning

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 09:18:07 am »
I charge the same at the end of day business is business,NOW IF IT WAS THE MOTHER INLAW???????????

lucymulligan

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 09:28:48 am »
LOCATION MARCHWOOD MR SOUTHAMPTON

its just last night (note my unusually late posting time) me and about 5 other women all had a girlie night in and i usually go to there anne summers/body shop/jewellery parties so i joked that no one was leaving till they booked my services and i just got the impression that they felt forced ... so i wondered if you lot charged your mates less , i dont want to be pushy..
i noticed blokes dont have the same relation ship with your mates as us women but hey business is business ... and the way things going i will be fully booked .. even a SMALL possibility i might get a MOD contract.
but i do mean a small possibility ...but i got loads of work through word of mouth

marc al

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 04:59:26 pm »
  I try not to even clean mates, relatins or any houses on my street - keeps it easier that way.

Saying that I do my best mates house every now and then when he starts moaning, that is a freeebie, but I think everyone needs a real good mate they can rely on and you cant put a price on that!

I also do my mums, she pays full price and has just had a price increase!!

Marc

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 04:59:57 pm »
Mates rates , definately NOT , if you want to give a bit back, buy them a pint etc.

While you are cleaning theres for next to nowt , you could be down the road earning a lot more.

If they were proper mates they will understand, I am quite lucky I dont have any mates left

Dave

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 05:10:52 pm »
No way, buisness is buisness. When the end of the week comes how are you going to pay the bills.

Charge them normal prices. At least they know & trust you, why work cheap when you can be earning proper money?

Macc

Ravensford

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 05:12:51 pm »
If you need things like gates left unlocked, stuff cleared out the way (inside or out) mates are the worst! If you've charged less then get extra hassles you may well rush the job becoz ur earning nothing.

Like an earlier answer I steer clear of mates/neighbours/relations. Less chance of upsetting anyone.

Don't do it!

jeff1

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 05:37:17 pm »
I only do my 3 daughters houses for free,but that is on a when I can fit them in basis, or even on a rainy day.

As for mates I'm affraid its the real price, you end up staying for a cuppa and a chat, so in affect spent twice as long at mates houses earning less than normal.

I have no friends in business. ;)