This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C-Thru.

Best Gloves to wear for WFP
« on: March 20, 2007, 09:43:09 pm »
Which type of gloves do you guys wear while using WFP?
Am new to WFP and can feel the blisters coming already on inside of thumbs! Ow! LOL.

What do you guys recommend??

Thanks, Goochie.

jr windows

Re: Best Gloves to wear for WFP
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 09:49:48 pm »
Hi Goochie,

I have killed unger neoprene gloves in 6 days and sealskins in aprox 3 weeks. I use blue builders rubber gloves from homebuild at £2.37 inc vat they last aprox 8 weeks but a lot cheaper than the other two.

Cheers Jason

neil100

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 09:56:32 pm »
I use sealskin gloves.

These are the newer type for mountain bikeing. They are padded on the palms for cyclying, They have a warm inner liner, and the first Two index finger ends are covered in a hard durable plastic to stop wear.

100% waterproof, Very comftable. Highly recommended.

Nel.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 10:02:41 pm »
I use disposable latex gloves either on their own or over white butler gloves.  The latex gloves are disposable and I use between 1 to 3 pairs a day and the cotton butler gloves you can machine was.  A pack of 100 latex cost about a fiver.

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 10:21:42 pm »
WINDOW CLEANERS WHO WEAR GLOVES !!!
WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO
 ???

tacky

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 10:34:18 pm »
iv seen some loverly handbags  in oxfam   only jokeing  ;D

colley614

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 10:42:16 pm »
 ???

Was just thinking that!

Nah I've heard a lot of lads saying they have bought divers gloves from ebay and they are great  ;)

Jon T.C.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 10:48:16 pm »
Now I have trialed most gloves on the market, that have been suggested as being best for wfp - however , I am currently using gloves from Omnipole, and they are comfortable and holding up well after 4 weeks.

4 weeks seems to be the limit for most.
Elite Cleaning Solutions

brett walker

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 10:49:26 pm »
 ???

;D ;D ;D ;D

omnipole gloves  8)

brett.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 11:30:01 pm »
Unger neoprene - holes appear in a week or two and fall apart after a while.
Sealskins - as above but a bit longer to fall apart.

Sealskins with wear points regularly reinforced by duct tape - lasted all winter and still going.
It's a game of three halves!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 07:45:27 am »
GUL sailing gloves full-fingered summer weight for standard use, with neoprene's for the really cold days (the new anatomical ones from www.wintecs.co.uk )

stevef

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 08:26:33 am »
Omnigloves mine have just gone through their second winter I will never use anything else from now on

pjulk

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 11:25:44 am »
Another vote here for omnigloves

Paul

Ian_Giles

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 02:06:03 pm »
The Omnipole gloves are so hard wearing, too bulky really for trad work, but ideal for WFP.
Neopreen soon gets shredded with normal poles, the clamp systems wreck them :-\

However; I'm now using the gardiner Supalite pole (modular), no moving bits to shred the gloves, so although I don't have any of the neopreen ones at present, I think that the modular poles based on fishing poles will be far gentler on gloves.

The Omnigloves are very tough and very warm though.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

gary evans

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 05:46:47 pm »
We use a THERMAL BUILDERS GLOVE. Same as others but thicker & thermal lined. £2.00 + vat  a pair, just keep a couple of pairs on van. Also have cut fingers of pair leaving some rubber to use for trad. These gloves are from last winter, but to be honest i hav,nt put any on yet, even though cold. Prefer not to wear gloves, must be mad as use Tucker poles so extra cold.

Gary

Pat Purcell

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 08:53:53 pm »
It gets pretty cold out here so we use the neoprene gloves, glacier or kenai, but as was mentioned they dont last long so what we do is take a pair of work or gardening gloves and cut the fingers and thumb off and wear them over the neoprene.
You retain the use of your fingers while protecting the points that usually give out, for pole work you might want to leave the thumb on as well
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 09:31:53 pm »
 ???

Bunch of ladies  ::).

I've only warn a pair of gloves once this winter for 2 hours.

Macc

EasyClean

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 09:54:48 pm »
Why wear gloves? After about an hour of cold hands the blood starts circulating and then your hands stay hot for the rest of the day no matter how cold it is.

Have any of you tried those new pink/yellow 12volt plug in rechargeable thermal gloves on Ebay?? ;D
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

dai

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 10:01:48 pm »
Why wear gloves? After about an hour of cold hands the blood starts circulating and then your hands stay hot for the rest of the day no matter how cold it is.

I wear gloves all year round. There is nothing sexy about rough calloused hands.
Ask your Mrs. Dai

EasyClean

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 10:21:55 pm »

I wear gloves all year round. There is nothing sexy about rough calloused hands.
Ask your Mrs. Dai
There's nothing sexy about window cleaning or wearing gloves, it's just down to the individual.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!