This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peter1

wfp backpack
« on: March 20, 2007, 03:52:19 pm »
i was wondering who as used these and are they any good? and how much do you get done out of one full backpack?

SherwoodCleaningSe

Re: wfp backpack
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 03:55:07 pm »
I just ordered one from cleaningspot so I wouldn't mind knowing the answers myself.

davidpitts

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 04:00:51 pm »
I get about 2 average semis out of one filling ,upstairs only . I think I might still be overdoing a bit but I hope I will use less water the more experienced I get. Setting number 2.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 04:06:36 pm »
It depends on the setting.

20 mins? I dont use mine now.

peter1

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 04:24:40 pm »
was it any good bear and why only 20 mins

ronaldo

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 04:34:12 pm »
Tried a van mount and a trolley system and neither were suitable on our work so we have been using backpacks for about a year now and we love em !

Always use on setting 2 and can get 2 average size semi,s done on 1 fill, its a great piece of equipment if you have the right sort of work for one, if you have plenty of room on your round and few obstacles then a trolley is as good, its horses for courses really and what method you like using because at the end of the day they all do what they,re designed to and that is to pump water up your pole.

Peter your not to far from me if you want to come and have a go with one your welcome mate  ;)
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

peter1

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 04:43:31 pm »
thanks for offer ronaldo were did you buy yours?  looked on cleaning spot http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?action=post;topic=34834.0;num_replies=5 what else would i have to buy with that backpack if i wanted to go to wfp.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 04:49:51 pm »
Hi All,

I have a Shurflo Backpack and I wouldn't use anything else.

The key, I find to useing a Backpack efficiently is to set it up on your vehical so as you don't have to lift it and mess about pouring water in it when filling up.

I have mine mounted on the back of my trailer at about back hieght so as I can back up to it and don it effortlessly.
I also use a pump to transfer water from the barrels to fill it while it is mounted.

Now as for how long will a tank last.  It depends on the setting you use.  Shurflo has a button on the underneath which you press once for 1st setting twice for 2nd and so on to 4th setting then 5th time turns it off.  Now I only use it on 1st setting for normal cleaning up to about 18 ft and at that setting mine lasts about 45 mins to an hour.
Put it this way - in a full day, about 6 - 7 hrs working, I will use 120 to 150 ltrs of water.

I find a backpack is best for me as I do mainly houses and not too big commercials.  But I do find on the one big job I do (where I use 4 fillings!) it's a pain keep filling it up and a trolly or direct from tank would be better.

Iff you want to see how I have setup please feel free to E-Mail me at
david@salkeld95.freeserve.co.uk
and I will send you a write up I did about my setup

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

peter1

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 04:52:47 pm »

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 05:26:57 pm »
Thats the one I just ordered should be coming tomorrow.  I can post a picture up when it comes if you want.  You need a pole with aluminum hose tail as they come with hoselock fittings so I've been told by the man at cleaningspot.

peter1

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 05:37:16 pm »
which pole did you buy and do you need to buy anything else

davidpitts

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 05:46:03 pm »
David do you find that you get a good rinse on setting one, as I said I think I am still overdoing a bit, but I am bothered I will leave spots all over.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 09:20:22 pm »
Sorry Peter1 if you was talking to me I've been out all evening.  I all ready have a van setup and a number of poles but I did order a 12ft extender which has to have the aluminium male click to connect to the back pack.  12ft is a nice size pole.

If you already have the purification equipment and water storage in your vehicle then this is al you need.

Simon

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 10:09:11 pm »
davidpitts,

I find it's down to the jets in the brush.  I find big pencil jets are best as they give a nice steady flow of water down the window.  I tried fan jets, but on 1st setting you need narrow fans to make the water fan out then you tend to get the water spraying all over the glass and blowing the dirt upwards.

I tried out a theory:
Turn up the flow to 2nd setting and go faster.  Therefore use simular amount of water but do more work!
Result:
I did do more work.
I used 200ltrs instead of 150 -180
I had to redo 1 or 2 windows
I was KNACKERED :P :P :P :P
I, personally, prefer to work steady and methodically.  It's surprising how much I get done and when I walk back to put in invoices at the end of the batch - perfect job ;) ;) ;)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

peter1

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 10:14:34 pm »
sherwood im just starting up so if i buy a backpack and a pole ill need to buy a purification equipment what do you mean by this?

Biscute

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 07:50:02 am »
He meen that you will need the equipment to to make the water 000 tds so you dont make all white marks on the windows that happen if you use normal tap water, if you live in a low tds area you can get away with a DI unit but if like me you have just got into wfp and live in a hard water area you will need an RO and DI unit.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 08:00:54 am »
Hello Peter1
   You can't just put tap water in the back pack you need to purify it first.  That means that you need at least a De-ionization vessel, but then if you live where the water is Hard you'll need an Reverse Osmosis system as well and possibly even a water softener. 
   To set up my water purification I spent about £2000.  You can do it a lot cheaper if you get cheaper equipment possibly under £500, the difference will be you can't purify the water as fast.  If you have a De-ionization vessel on it's own you have to change the resin inside much more often.  I know a guy around my way who's spending £40 a week on resin and thats for only doing the upstairs.
   You'll also need to be able to take the water with you and 1L of water weighs 1Kg so if you take say 250L that's 1/4 of a ton you need to take.  I get through about 500L in a short day but there's 2 of us.

Simon

peter1

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 06:53:57 pm »
hi guys saw this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/water-fed-pole-system_W0QQitemZ200090020681QQcategoryZ112579QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200090020681 is this what i need and if i buy it all separte what kind of price will i be looking at

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 07:48:37 pm »
The buy now looks about the right price

Have a look at this thread for ideas on wfp

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=33873.0

peter1

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 08:11:51 pm »
would i need all that set up off ebay if i was going to use backpacks