This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian_Giles

So, how long to do this?....
« on: March 20, 2007, 10:57:03 am »
Although the following photo's look like it is one building, it is in fact two, one half an office block, the other a set of posh apartments.

The office is the half of the building that is on the right hand side of the first couple of photo's.

I'm not looking for advice, this just to see, out of curiousity, how long you think it takes to clean these accounts?

The highest window, where the road slopes away is 35ft to the window sill, and the windows on the 1st floor of the office half of the building are 7ft high.

On the photo (grainy cos it was taken at dusk I'm afraid :-\) of the rear of the building it doesn't show all of the windows, there are 9 more (3 per floor) on the other side of the building on the right hand side as you view the photo.

The office is an account I've been doing for 23 years, so lets see how accurate you are on how long it will take to be done trad and WFP.

As you look at the pic that shows front and side (pic 1) the office windows go 3 deep across the front, they are all of the side windows (pic 2) and on the photo that shows the rear of the building, they are the first 2 sets of 3 windows.

Off a ladder, even on the front, a wedge of some kind is needed to level up the ladder, and on the side the road slopes quite steeply towards the town car park.

So for the trad side of things, just allow for the office windows and not the apartment block.

I'llwait until a few replies have been made before I tell you how long it has always taken me to do....

Oh, the 4th photo shows justthe front of both office block and apartments.

Ian

Modified!

Darn >:( on the photo that shows the rear of the building you can only see 3 of the windows that belong to the office block (on the left of the photo)

But you can see them on the second photo that shows the side of the building, and the 2 sets of 3 windows at the rear that belong to the office block.

Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Pj

Re: So, how long to do this?....
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 12:11:22 pm »
If I was pricing for a regular clean I'd probably allow 3 hours to do the lot, but you probably do it in less than 2 hours.

Pj

S.A.J

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 12:33:10 pm »
Trad 4- 5 hours

Wfp 2-3 hours

Stuart
SAJ Window Cleaners Ltd

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 01:32:22 pm »
WFP 2 hours.
Trad 15 minutes.

E.K. W-C-S.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 03:02:04 pm »
ONE AND A HALF HOURS,2 OF US TRADE.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 03:11:31 pm »
I'd allow about 6hrs for trad, wouldn't have to hassle leveling ladders out as I'd use pointer ladders, would have to miss the highest windows though as my biggest ladders are only 30ft.
Water fed pole would be 3hrs max.

How much is the account it looks like fun.

Simon

robbie14000

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 03:41:10 pm »
Ian - That,s a nice account to have.
2 People wfp no more than 2 hours and I hope you get well paid for it.
Regards
 Robbie - Clearshine

williamx

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 03:44:34 pm »
2 1/2 hours with coffee break

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 03:55:44 pm »
a little over 2 hrs for me i think

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 04:57:49 pm »
No Idea ??? ??? ???

Out of my league :o :o :o

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

stevef

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 05:14:52 pm »
around 2 to 2 and a half hours going steady as I do  ;)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 05:42:54 pm »
 ;D if you cant do that in around 2 hours trad I am a snail,its all blade work,
easy ;D if you said 40 mins a floor tops,ground floor you will make your time up ;D the fastest bit of work last ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 05:51:45 pm »
If you can do it weekend or very early without traffic and pedestrian problems it can be done in two hours I reckon if you were shifting.  However, I price to work at a more reasonable pace that I can sustain so maybe 2hr 45 mins or even 3 hours.  This is for WFP.  Forget trad.  I wouldn't have touched it with a ladder  even before 2005 as it is triple floor work.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 06:03:53 pm »
Mmmm....

Well to do the OFFICE part on the outside, remember, that doesn't mean the whole building, the apartment half is separate and I never did that trad.

Well, the outside for one man (one very quick man too I might add...and not Squeaky, on this one he was always quite slow) it was possible to do the outside in an hour and a half.
I wasn't far off that time on occasions, but that is also going back a good 15 years.

One guy who worked for me was incredibly fast, and he could do it in that time.

A reasonable time was 2 hours...at a push.

Now, done WFP the entire thing, including the apartment block is done in an hour and ten, maybe an hour and fiteen minutes.
Front and side takes 45 minutes, the back takes 20-25 minutes.

you'll have to read my original post carefully to understand what I mean about the the apartment block and the office being separate.

And yes....I do make very good money on these two accounts ;)

Ian

Oh, the world champ has replied...

Terry, on the office part it was possible to do the top floor in 20 minutes, ditto for the 1st floor, the ground floor windows are awkward, 6 panes to a window and quite a stretch using a 8ft pointer on some of the work, and not at all easy to do the them in just one move of the ladder per window.

Strange as it may seem, it took as long to do the ground floor as the two floors above combined :-\

I never did the apartment block trad remember, that is all new in the last 2 years.

Once you were up in front of the windows they were easy, though a bit hairy as you were right at the top of the ladder to reach them.
On the first floor windows you had to step onto the window sill to get at them, or at least the top pane as the windows are so tall, and the sill was so deep.

To get the entire job done trad (including the apartment block) in just 2 hours would be pushing it even for the world champ!

Over the years (23 of them) only one person who worked for me has ever done the account faster than I could (sorry Squeaks, it wasn't you :-\)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

rp cleaning services

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 06:06:44 pm »
trad 3 1/2 hrs
wfp 2 20 mins

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 06:28:44 pm »
 ;DI am assuming in and out :-\ if so the upper floors I would have attack from in :-\ of may be poled the 1st or ladder  which is ok,when footed,must admit the ladder days are vituly gone for us to ;D,and hopefuly the wc in the not to far future ;D

just noticed the top floor some windows :-\ could still pole it use backflip and side swipe flat head
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Pj

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 07:33:03 pm »
If I was pricing for a regular clean I'd probably allow 3 hours to do the lot, but you probably do it in less than 2 hours.

Pj

Well, I thought you'd be doing it in less than 2 hours, seeing as you've been doing it so long, you could probably do it blindfold.  But I didn't think you'd do it as quick as you said.  Sounds like you have it priced according to average time.  That's the way to do it!

NWH

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 07:37:30 pm »
Why are your ladder days nearly up Terry,are you taking on mainly low commercial work or something.

Tosh

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 07:51:52 pm »
Terry's turned.  He's a carpet cleaner in real life.  :'(

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 08:08:53 pm »
 ;Din real life I bum around st corners wait for shows to appear mix with bad dudes,and not do nufin ;D ;D :o :o and I go into hideing,I will be back out in april in blackpoolshow ;D
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!