Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RO-Sheen

James Smith - Dublin
« on: March 20, 2007, 08:52:08 am »
Hi James
Where about are you from? Im originally from Swords but now living in Oxford UK
Formerly known as GARGAAX

James Smith

Re: James Smith - Dublin
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 12:52:40 pm »
How's it going mate, I'm southside, Dun Laoghaire to be exact.

Did you have a wc business in swords before you moved?

Cheers,

C-Thru.

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 09:11:56 pm »
Hey guys are you talking of Dublin?
If so was there last week, god if there's ever a dirty window place its Dublin!!
i have never seen such aplace in need of a window cleaner, what a dirty city!
was there 4 days and only saw one window cleaner.
I was staying on O'Connell Street. Stood waiting for a bus one morn and they cleaned the pavements 4 times, Bout time they looked above head height.
There is a fortune to be made for WFP in Dublin.

I'd consider moviung there myself to work, but don't speak enough Polish, the new language of Ireland!
Where have all the Irish gone????

James Smith

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 11:45:45 pm »
Yep, Dublin, Ireland.

There is a fortune to be made for WFP in Dublin.
ssshh, let me get my foot in the door before we tell everyone  ;D

I'd consider moviung there myself to work, but don't speak enough Polish, the new language of Ireland!
Where have all the Irish gone????
Tell me about it, Dublin is full of poles now & theyre willing to work alot cheaper than the irish.
It's not even just poles now either, theyre flooding in from all over eastern europe, that's why I'm going wfp, try stay a few steps ahead of em, the housing bubble is bursting here so alot of them are going to be looking for work soon  :(

Pat Purcell

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 11:53:44 pm »
How burst is it James as I will be looking to buy down south
thought about Dublin, the wifes from Goatstown but even if it crashed its still too expensive
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

James Smith

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 12:27:05 am »
I wouldn't really say it's burst just yet, it is bursting though.

If I were you I wouldn't touch any property in the republic right now, it's a buyers market, basically houses arent selling anymore, nobody is even viewing or bidding anymore, very few anyway.
First time buyers are priced out & investers are getting rattled by rising interest rates. This time last year there was queue's of idiots signing up for 40 year mortgages, not now.
Along with that you have a load of people who mortgaged their houses to buy second properties because they thought they couldn't lose  ::)

It stopped & started to turn last august but it's only started appearing in the papers recently. Here is a link of how bad it really is http://www.irishpropertywatch.com/ & a forum discussing it with a load more price drops http://www.thepropertypin.com/forum/index.php

Hold tight there Pat, otherwise you'll catch a falling knife  ;)

Pat Purcell

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 12:36:32 am »
Thanks james,best of luck with the wfp
Last time I was in Dublin on the way back from the airport to goatstown I saw a lad using one so you will have some competition
Theres a lad posts on here JM123 from Ballymena who really knows this wfp stuff and I think is a supplier,if your buying stuff he may be worth contacting save on those shipping charges
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

James Smith

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 12:45:32 am »
I know, I've seen a few already & only started taking notice a few weeks ago, I better get my act together fast  ;D

JM123

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 01:04:48 am »
JM123 - thats me, over here!
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

James Smith

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 01:16:13 am »
jonny, check your mail in a few mins...

JM123

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 01:19:22 am »
no prob.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

RO-Sheen

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 08:47:11 am »
Hi James, Sorry for late reply but just logged on again.
Ive been over here since 1991 working for Abbott laboratories but left it last year to set up a wfp biz.
I go home to the 'ole country quite often and like Goochie I have noticed the state of the windows! You can earn some serious money. My Brother told me recently that he has seen just one wfp system and they are constantly busy.
I also recommend JM123. He has helped me loads with all of my teething problems.
Best of luck dude and get in quick with the wfp
Formerly known as GARGAAX

James Smith

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 12:30:27 pm »
No bother on the late reply.

From looking around here I'd already basically decided jonny was the man, I sent him off a water sample yesterday & he's been really helpful already.

Can't wait to get started  ;)

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 05:59:15 pm »
u should do well in dublin james loads of work everywhere.and very little competiton.l

James Smith

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 06:59:39 pm »
I reckon your right, I went out with my mate earlier when he was doing deliveries & there is lots of filthy windows that can't be reached with a ladder, the possibilities seem endless  ;D

I'll probably have a different attitude once I start though, I havent really the stomach to knock into someone & ask them do they need a clean, I reckon I'll start with leaflet drops & hopefully build up the courage to follow the drops up by calling in  :-\